Simple Laughter!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007

      A penguin swam up to the North Pole. A polar bear saw him
      and said, "You're a penguin! Penguins only go to the South Pole –
      everybody knows that! What are you doing at the North Pole?"
      "Oh, no! I'm afraid I'm bi-polar!"

      Someone recently said I laugh enough for 6 people. Of course, I
      laughed! Nothing wrong with laughing – except it might cause
      wrinkles! But if my wrinkles come from laughing, I don't have a
      problem with that. Maybe I'm addicted to laughter! I do love to
      laugh. Anytime you can have a good time, I'm there. And I love
      being around other people who love to have a good time, too. Not
      laughing is like wearing beige. I'm also a color person. Anytime I
      can wear a great color I love it! So now you know my deepest darkest
      secrets – I love color and I love to laugh. They say laughter is the
      best medicine – maybe that's why I'm rarely sick! But if I do get
      sick – at least I will have a good time getting there!

      But really – why not laugh? Almost anytime you laugh are having
      fun. Why not start the morning off with a laugh? What if you told
      your kids a joke each morning? And then, start lunch off with a good
      joke, and then there's dinner. You could even have a few `joke
      breaks' during the day. Is there any better way?

      * * *
      A mother, Sonja, in Detroit had two boys. While they were still
      young, she found out that her husband actually had another family!
      She told him he had to leave. So she was on her own with the two
      boys. She had a third grade education, but she realized that her
      sons needed to learn to read. Ben had been pegged one of
      the `stupidest' kids in the fifth grade by his classmates – or so he
      thought. His file said he was a `slow learner'. So she read to
      them – a lot. She worked full time as much as possible to put food
      on the table and keep a roof over their head. They also had to write
      a book report for every book. Those boys grew up to become an
      engineer and a doctor. You can read about his story in the
      books "Gifted Hands" and "Think Big".

      Today, Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, Sr. is the Director of Pediatric
      Neurosurgery of the John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland as
      well as one of the world's top brain surgeons.

      "As E. B. White noted a half century ago, "television is 'the test of
      the modern world.' Used correctly, it can inform, entertain and
      inspire. Used incorrectly, television will control families and
      community, limiting our language, dreams and achievements. It is
      our 'test' to pass or fail." – The Read Aloud Handbook –, 'The Read-
      Aloud Handbook'- Jim Trelease

      * * *
      Simple Cole Slaw - like KFC's
      1 head of cabbage, shredded
      1 or 2 carrots, grated
      1/4 onion, grated
      1 c. Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
      1 c. sugar
      1/4 c. oil
      1/4 c. vinegar
      Mix together the dressing and pour over cabbage mix. Let it sit for a
      few hours before eating.