Who's Will are You in?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2007

      Don't look back on happiness, or dream of it in the future. You are
      only sure of today; do not let yourself be cheated out of it.~~Henry
      Ward Beecher

      * * *

      Just a Little Naughty!

      Early this morning I looked over at the clock and my husband
      Richard heard me turn, and said, "It's 3:30", before I even
      had a chance to look. " Is it time to make a pot of coffee?" I
      joked in my sleepy voice. "We could if you want to." Really I
      just wanted to go back to sleep.

      "How about a bowl of ice cream?" he asked. I was
      instantly awake. Sounded naughty, didn't it? Sometimes naughty is
      nice, especially when the worst that can happen is a few empty calories.
      "I'm in!" I said as I brought my feet to the floor. Ice
      cream had never tasted so good, but something even more surprising
      happened. I thought our golden retriever Axle, might like to go
      outdoors for a few minutes and when I opened the back door, I
      couldn't believe it – warm air! I checked the thermometer.
      63.9 degrees! Oh my gosh! We stood out on the deck at 3:45 am enjoying
      the warm breeze and listening to the night sounds. Even the frogs were
      singing, which isn't a usual event in March here in Michigan.
      Amazing. The grass is taking on a green tint, the snow is gone, and
      daffodils are up four inches or so. Picnic weather in March.

      Maybe on a warm evening when the kids don't have to get up
      early, you can have a naughty bowl of ice cream in the middle of the
      night and a few giggles, and just maybe if you're lucky it will be
      so warm you can even go outdoors and see the stars and listen to the
      frogs. Or go on a picnic, or roast some hotdogs, or go for a bike ride,
      plant some seeds…Spring!

      * * *

      Are You In Anyone's Will?

      They say Bill Gates, Microsoft mogul is the richest man in the
      world. How would you like to be left in his will? Nicer than winning
      the lottery, right? You wouldn't even have to buy a ticket. But
      what would you say if you knew you were set to inherit from someone who
      is even richer than Bill Gates? Sometimes its easy to forget that we
      all – every one of us – is eligible to inherit from the one who
      owns the universe, created it, in fact! Oh, sure we think we own our
      small little plots of land, we think we own our cars, our homes, and we
      even think our families `belong' to us. We might think we
      `deserve' all the blessings in our lives. We think we've
      `earned' them with sweat and hard work, while the fact is they
      could be all swept away in moments and there is absolutely nothing we
      could do about it. Sure, some of us make wiser decisions than others,
      but none of us deserve more than a small pat on the back. We all have
      our dark corners that we think no one will see or find.

      The TV show "My Name is Earl", while at times crude
      and rude, shows the life of a man who attempts to make up for the wrong
      he's done in the past while comically falling into only more
      trouble. If only it were that easy! There is nothing we can do on our
      own power to make up for the times we have hurt those we loved, or the
      true wrong we have done. Simply impossible. Come clean. It's the
      single most important thing you can do. Apologize where you need to,
      and find true forgiveness by asking God's forgiveness. Then you
      will find the true spring in your heart and an inheritance that is out
      of this world. None of us are perfect, but we all can be forgiven.

      * * *

      First a howling blizzard woke us, then the rain came down to soak us,
      And now before the eye can focus - Crocus. ~Lilja Rogers

      Today is the day when bold kites fly, when cumulus clouds roar across
      the sky. When robins return, when children cheer, when light rain
      beckons spring to appear.~~Robert McCracken

      * * *

      Simple Cool Cottage Cheese Salad

      1 *20 oz. can crushed pineapple, UNDRAINED
      1 *large (or two small) boxes raspberry gelatin, DRY (regular or sugar
      free)
      1 32 oz. container cottage cheese (regular or low fat)
      1 12 oz. container whipped topping, THAWED (regular or lite)

      Mix UNDRAINED pineapple, DRY gelatin and cottage cheese together. Fold
      in
      whipped topping. *Any flavor combination can be used. It is delicious
      with mandarin oranges and orange Jell-O. Firmer fruits add more texture
      to the salad but it is delicious either way.

      * * *

      Simple Personal Trainer

      Who better to hire than your own children when you could use some
      exercise? Set a fee and a distance, such as 50 cents a mile to walk
      with mom, a dollar for 25 sit ups, etc. You will both get the benefit
      of the exercise and the real bonus of great time together. Set it up to
      be worthwhile.

      <mailto:thesimple_life@...>

      columns: