Donald Trump's New Book

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2006

      It seems Donald Trump has co-authored a new book
      called, "How to Get Rich". (Well, you know me, I just couldn't
      leave that alone!) Fine, Donald, but if we are already rich, there
      is no need to read your book.
      On a fall color tour yesterday with some friends we traveled some
      nearby scenic roadways. Beautiful hills, golden and red and green
      colors that shimmered in the warm sunshine passed slowly by.
      Rolling farmland, cattle, forests and crops as far as the eye can
      see. This is America. Sure, we have problems, and they are right
      before us as the election approaches. But, we already are wealthy,
      Mr. Trump.
      Sure, I have personal problems, as well. I have to think which
      shoes I will wear to work. Is this the day I do the dusting? (Yes,
      I do my own, Donny). Or what to have for dinner, not if we will get
      to have dinner. That's about the extent of my problems. No, never
      been bankrupt, guess you can't say that, Donald! Don't plan to. We
      keep our bills paid. Maybe I want to redecorate? I don't need a
      designer. Maybe a magazine page and a gallon of paint. Sure I roll
      up my sleeves and put down my own drop cloth, Mr. Trump. And, I
      love to paint. While you are on the golf course, Donald, are you
      just thinking about your next "deal?"
      Oh, I have a job I love. The people I work with make me laugh and
      the customers are usually warm and friendly. I basically get paid to
      make people happy (retail). Sure, maybe it's my attitude, but not
      really any worries there. Mr. Trump, I couldn't care less about the
      wheeling dealing stuff you have to do in a day to juggle all your
      properties. Do the people who work with you really love you, or do
      they just put up with you because they are afraid of offending you?
      Our home is warm and cozy. We enjoy going to the woods to chop the
      firewood ourselves (ok, we use chainsaws these days, not much
      chopping involved). We don't hurry. We enjoy the trees and the
      wildlife. We take breaks to just let the warm sun sink into our
      skin. We don't live in a glass tower, or own so many homes we can't
      remember where we last left our blue jacket! Mr. Trump might get to
      exercise on top of the Trump tower, but he's probably never been in
      a golden forest in the heart of a Michigan autumn.
      Sure, there are things in life you can't control, and even Donald
      Trump knows that. But it doesn't take riches to be wealthy.
      Mr. Trump, if you'd named your book "You Are Already Rich" I just
      might have been tempted to buy it! But then again, when I write the
      book, "Being Rich is an Attitude", I'll just send you a copy!

      * * *

      "Over all like butter on warm bread; And the harvest moon will this
      night unfold; The streams running full of molten gold. Oh, who could
      find a dearth of bliss; With autumn glory such as this!"~~Gladys
      Harp

      "Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,Down they came
      fluttering, one and all; Over the brown fields they danced and
      flew,Singing the glad little songs they knew."~~George Cooper

      Simple Dinner

      Sure it's easy to stop off for fast food, or order a pizza
      when you don't feel like cooking. But why bother when the
      ingredients are as close as your fridge? Have a pound or so of
      hamburger, or sausage? Really almost any meat will do. Cook it.
      Drain the grease, if any. Add chopped potatoes, onions, carrots,
      maybe peas, mushrooms, anything you like and simmer until tender.
      You might have to add alittle water until the veggies are tender.
      Only takes about a half hour. Put a salad, coleslaw, or applesauce
      on the table. Maybe some warm whole wheat bread. That's it.
      Ketchup on the side. I don't know what you call it, call it
      anything you like. I just call it simple, easy, quick. And much
      cheaper than fast food. Good for you, too. Bet Donald T. hasn't
      had food so good!

      Please contact Sheryl with recipes, questions, comments and simple
      living ideas that work for you. Email: thesimple_life@...
      columns: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thesimple_life/