306Wake up a Princess!

    Feb 22, 2010

      Somedays, don't we just put one foot in front of the other? We just go to work, take care of the kids, get the groceries, feed the dog, and then we get up and do it all over again. Sometimes we think, wouldn't it be great ifÂ…? Wouldn't it be great if we win the lottery, or took a cruise, or just had a day off. What we wouldn't change if we had a chance.
      But then, once in a while, we stop to notice, the world covered with a fresh layer of snow, how much someone loves us, a beautiful sunset, or our car doesn't break down. When we really stop to live in the moment, it's not so bad, is it? Actually, it just might be perfect. The president of the United States has a lot of decisions to make. He doesn't get much time off. Neither do bosses. The decisions they make affect a lot of people. But we just live a simple life.
      We get up, do what we need to do, and do what we can to make things better, a day at a time. For the most part, its all up to us. And, its not just what we have to do in a day, its all about attitude. Do you appreciate the freedom you have in a day? Even the president can't go fishing on his day off every week, or go for a walk with the kids, or just take a few minutes to read a book.
      If we don't like a room in our house, we can paint it, or buy new furniture. We may have to save up a few weeks, but we can manage. We can decide what we have for dinner, and cook it ourselves. That is a freedom. A lot of people are too afraid to try to cook!
      We have so many freedoms we take for granted. If we don't like just about anything, we can change it. We can choose to put a smile on our face, and ditch the frown. We can do better at anything. It's not such a bad life!
      So, when you start feeling sorry for yourself, think about all your freedoms. All you really do have to be thankful for. We Americans want it all done for us. But what fun is that?
      I saw a man once who was buying shingles. He was saying how he wished someone would just put them on his roof for him. I thought how he was missing out. Shingling is not that bad a job. At least he had the money to buy the shingles. And he had the health to put them on the roof. And he could look forward to the satisfaction he will feel when the job is all done. But he wasted all the good thoughts by thinking all the negative thoughts. Have you ever been up on a roof, on a nice sunny day, and noticed all the beauty around you? I have! Doing a roofing job is fun! Well, if not fun, rewarding. And there are good points, even if its that lemonade during a break. We just don't realize how blessed we are. The joy isn't in having someone do it for you, it's doing it yourself and having fun doing it.

      You never know, just might wake up one morning and feel like pinching yourself. Maybe your life is really better than you thought. With all the opportunities around us, and to change what we don't like, It's not all that bad after all.~Alan Cohen

      A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. ~Albert Einstein

      EASY RAMEN NOODLE SOUP VEGGIE DISH
      1/2 onion or 1 to 2 bunches green onions
      1 pkg. lowfat Ramen noodle soup mix
      2 to 3 carrots
      1/4 to 1/2 head broccoli
      10 to 12 mushrooms
      1/4 to 1/2 head cauliflower
      marinated Teriyaki chicken breast
      Microwave chicken until done.
      Saute onions in 2 T oil.
      Cut all vegetables and meat into bite-size and chop green onions.
      Put all veggies into skillet at medium heat on stove top.
      Add 1/2 cup water or enough to fill pan 1 inch.
      Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
      Break up Ramen noodles and add to veggies and add meat.
      Add seasoning packet and more water if dry.
      Add any other seasonings as desired. A teaspoon of brown sugar, is good.
      Add teriyaki sauce or soy sauce to taste.
      Simmer about 5 minutes more, covered.
      Depending on amount of vegetables, this can serve 4 to 6 people.

      Garden Tip:
      When houseplants start leaning toward the window, just turn them around, they will straighten themselves out. Houseplants know, they need light, so they move toward it. Something we could take a lesson from!

      Keeping it simple,
      Sheryl