Re: Schlange Feuer Bai MOW game

  • ascension_life
    Message 1 of 1285 , Apr 25, 2001
      -The only sad thing are the usual pitiful
      attempts by American (or other) gamers to create German
      names or phrases. -<br><br>Wasn't me that chose the
      name or put it in German. That was the choice of the
      guys that orchestrated the game. <br><br>Anyhow, now
      the game were selected and everyone was placed to
      assemble their fleets. The board was only a couple folding
      tables with some normal MOW terrain features. The judges
      had us placed around the table all starting on
      opposite sides of an 8 by 8 foot square. Around the table
      was Sterling, Abe, Halle, Jerry, Shadow, and then
      myself. Looking at the other fleets, mine looked rather
      pathetic, but it was too late to back down. With my few
      ships I didn't think I'd stand up to a fight against
      Shadow or even Halle. But on the other hand, none but
      Halle had played against my Vampires. We all started
      after taking initiative, going Abe, Shadow, myself,
      started the game, the first turn with everyone moving
      along their most powerful ships then guarding them with
      their others. Everyone seemed to be choosing their
      targets before anyone actually made any advance.
      his Eagleships at Sterling's Black Ark. Two
      eagleclaws hit it, taking out the Black Ark�s beast portal
      before any of Sterling�s monsters were injured.
      Sterling�s turn came right after, and after an attack from 5
      reapers from the Black Ark, the Eagleship was left
      immobile. They exchanged a couple more shots between some
      of Jerry�s Hawkships and the Black Ark until a Death
      Fortress was able to sink the Eagleship and Sterling
      got into my first attack. The Vampires came in use
      here since they were uneffected by the wind. I moved
      in with my Night Raiders and was able to cut down
      one of Jerry�s Wolfships and a Wargalley. Jerry
      retaliated by blasting apart one of my Night Raiders with a
      Hell Hammer. He didn�t destroy it, just took out it�s
      weaponry. I tried to pull out my ships, but Jerry�s Elves
      could gain distance faster than I could. He took out
      one of my Night Raiders and started on the other two
      before Halle came to my rescue with an armada of Warp
      Raiders. They torched the last of Jerry�s Wargalleys when
      he started to retreat, his elves getting out of
      range easily, but the Imperial ships were out of luck,
      although the Ironfists kept up the fire from a
      a problem. He was the first to go in less than an
      hour with me, Halle, and Sterling ganging up on him. I
      dropped a Caldron of Blood on his last Dragonship and had
      my Flying Mausoleum blast it apart with Bloodfangs.
      Unfortunately, Sterling had other plans for us. The Ironsharks
      moved in quickly with support from his Plaguecrushers,
      taking out my last two Night Raiders. Halle moved in the
      Doombringer and started giving us both a hard time, also
      flooding Sterling�s ships with incense. The bell hit me
      the hardest, doing some serious damage to one of my
      Grave Stalkers, so I moved in my Hellslicers and
      started tearing the Doombringer apart. Another ring from
      the bell took out two of Sterling�s Doomreavers, so
      he started moving in all of his fleet to take out
      Halle�s. <br><br>More coming up
    • Marell Le Fou
      Message 1285 of 1285 , Feb 9, 2012
        I agree too.
        There was rumors saying there had been an errata saying there was only one roll, but no.
        So yes, the official rumors is obsolete.
        Marell

        De : Holger Daniels <holger.daniels@...>
        À : theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com
        Envoyé le : Vendredi 10 février 2012 6h17
        Objet : Re : Re : [The Sea Of Claws] Re: Re: Nurgles Rot

        Hi!
        We also always played them like this, one roll for each counter, as we read the rules like Victor.

        And draw the analogon for fire, why should you roll for only one fire counter?

        And if you decrease it to one roll you pretty much castrate the Nurgle fleet, as the 150pt MoW Plageuship has 1 (and only one) catapult to each side, with a 33% percent chance per catapult to effect Nurgle rot. Firepower would be far too low for a MoW if it is only one roll per ship regardless of number of counters.
        /Holger