Re: [The Sea Of Claws] rules

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 3, 2007
      i'm sorry..but....
      does that even warrant a response??
      lol
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Allen Swan
      To: theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:40 AM
      Subject: [The Sea Of Claws] rules

      Was there a GW rules book for MOW?

      Allen Swan

    • allen swan
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 3, 2007
        When you are new and just finding out about the game then YES. So why be rude about it?

        Is this the way New Members are treated here?

        Allen Swan

        Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas.

        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 3, 2007
          or look back thru the group's archives....its available on the web somewhere
          (but then why spend $85 for a dwarf fleet w/o any rules??)

        • jpattern@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 3, 2007
            "does that even warrant a response?? ... but then why spend $85 for a dwarf
            fleet w/o any rules??"

            Try to be a little more civil, Michael. Everyone's a newbie at first, even
            "silly" questions are welcome here, and the moderators *do not* tolerate
            flaming or rudeness. You've been a member long enough to know that.

            As a matter of fact, when MoW first came out, I bought a Skaven fleet to
            complement my Skaven army in Warhammer, with no intention of ever purchasing or
            even playing MoW. Within a year I had bought all three rulesets and every
            discounted fleet boxed set I could get my hands on. :)

            Jeff

          • manowarplayer
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 4, 2007
              Allen,

              The recent version of the FAQ (just under the photo on the main
              page) has the current URL's in them to find the rules. I just logged
              in to Wonderdog's site and they are still there too. I think you'll
              find everything you'll need there!

              Congrats on getting a Dwarf fleet too. I KNOW you will enjoy playing
              MOW.

              As for Michael's comments, although it definately was rude, I think
              he was just making an attempt at humor and was not trying to be mean
              spirited. He did have an "lol" after his comment, so maybe what he
              thought he was doing was making an off the cuff "joke" and not
              something meant to insult you. I try and give people the benefit of
              the doubt in here and hope you will too. Michael has never been
              intentionally rude to anyone as far as I can recall.

              That being said, this group has had VERY FEW problems with members
              flaming each other and other problems. 9 times out of 10 it is
              really just a misunderstanding exacerbated by the fact that you
              can't see the person's face as they make their post.

              There are no absoulutely no stupid questions in here, no Man O War
              topics that can't be started again new and everyone here TRULY loves
              the game. We have some of the best members of any groups, anywhere -
              that's why we are thriving.

              Enjoy your stay and post some pictures of your Dwarf fleet!

              Scott

              --- In theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com, allen swan
              <allen_swan2003@...> wrote:

              > When you are new and just finding out about the game then YES. So
              why be rude about it?

              > Is this the way New Members are treated here?
              >
              > Allen Swan
              >

              > Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States
              can't make it without Texas.

            • allen swan
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 4, 2007
                Thanks Scott, I was just kinda taken back when I read his message and it's kewl now. Ilook forward to getting my fleet and posting the pics when I finish them. I have also been working on some scratch build terrain That I will be makeing molds of very soon.

                Allen