Skaven additions

  • zak_ukm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi all,

      Well I finally finished painting some of the new skaven stuff I was
      working on - took much longer than I hoped due to other things getting
      in the way.

      I've added some pics to the skaven fleet file
      http://games.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/theseaofclaws/photos/browse/5b5b
      numbers 18 onwards.

      They are of the warp lightning generator (independent ship), a WIP
      dunglobber built completely from scratch as I dont have any mighty
      empires catapults etc, and a tug and barges for a convoy.

      I'm planning on making several tugs and barges, and other smaller
      skaven fast transport.
      I'm also going to try and make a warp lightning squadron (smaller less
      effective versions using the deathburner base and a different top part
      which will hopefully be simple enough to cast).
      I've also got the giant rat barge to construct and the ratling gunship.
      I'll post pics as I get somewhere!

      I got a casting kit for Xmas, so I'm going to have a go at casting
      paddle wheels and bases for some skaven ships, so I can convert them
      and then re-cast as 'blanks' for other types (ie make some large flat
      barge bases, paddle wheels without buildings on and a 'powered' barge
      base) to see how they work out - so Saul I may not need your services -
      sorry, thanks for offering though! (and all the stuff I built is far
      too '3D' for easy casting except the tug).

      Scott - any chance of a photo of your skaven nest?

      Cheers
      Zak
    • manowarplayer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        Wow Zak!

        Awesome pics of a totally cool looking ship. I' can see I'm going to
        have to make a Warp Generator now myself. Did you post the rules
        somewhere?

        I'm not sure if there is a pic of the Fkaven "Floating Nest" at the
        site here or not. I'll poke around and if not I'll put it up on the
        main page in a few days after everyone has a chance to see you new
        creation.

        Scott

        --- In theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com, "zak_ukm" <zak_ukm@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Well I finally finished painting some of the new skaven stuff I
        was
        > working on - took much longer than I hoped due to other things
        getting
        > in the way.
        >
        > I've added some pics to the skaven fleet file

        5b
        > numbers 18 onwards.
        >
        > They are of the warp lightning generator (independent ship), a WIP
        > dunglobber built completely from scratch as I dont have any mighty
        > empires catapults etc, and a tug and barges for a convoy.
        >
        > I'm planning on making several tugs and barges, and other smaller
        > skaven fast transport.
        > I'm also going to try and make a warp lightning squadron (smaller
        less
        > effective versions using the deathburner base and a different top
        part
        > which will hopefully be simple enough to cast).
        > I've also got the giant rat barge to construct and the ratling
        gunship.
        > I'll post pics as I get somewhere!
        >
        > I got a casting kit for Xmas, so I'm going to have a go at casting
        > paddle wheels and bases for some skaven ships, so I can convert
        them
        > and then re-cast as 'blanks' for other types (ie make some large
        flat
        > barge bases, paddle wheels without buildings on and a 'powered'
        barge
        > base) to see how they work out - so Saul I may not need your
        services -
        > sorry, thanks for offering though! (and all the stuff I built is
        far
        > too '3D' for easy casting except the tug).
        >
        > Scott - any chance of a photo of your skaven nest?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Zak

      • rbrt_alderman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
          These are totally awesome conversions, let alone paint jobs. Well done!