Re: [The Sea Of Claws] Orc Bigchukkas don't have sails? Is it fair to give them ? Your thoughts please

  • ShaunGamer
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      --- In theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com, Victor Garcia <fenix59@...> wrote:

      > Another idea
      >
      > Changing the rule to follow the fluff:
      > "They use a complex system of gearing to WIND and LOAD their
      > Bigchukka catapults."
      > Make the bigchukka a move or "load" ship, the ship either moves or
      > does not move to load the big catapult, once the weapon is loaded the
      > ship may move and fire, then the ship has to stay put again if it
      > wants to reload.
      > This will change the orc's dynamic, instead of moving and aiming, and
      > hoping for initiative, it will be moving from second turn, firing,
      > and then deciding what to do: moving or reloading for next turn.
      > There will be no need to change the template to put a sail.
      > Will need a "loaded" marker (another marker!!)

      I have to admit, that this is the way we play the Bigchukkas. (More
      because we didn't read the rules properly when we first started playing)
      They don't gain a great advantage but it does stop them from being
      totally useless!
      I have never had an opponent complain about the rule, and it doesn't
      alter the flavour of the fleet. (You still lose most of the time!! :)