Re: Rules Question

  • lordvontush
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2006
      Hello,
      I was wondering about this rule myself. I am starting a Skaven fleet
      and haven't played with them yet, but personally I dissagree with
      saying that option #1 is the correct way to do it and feel that option
      #2 is the correct way.

      Here is my reasoning:
      1) A range is mentioned. Why would a range be mentioned without the
      intention of the template being placed some distance from the ship?
      Why not just say, "Place the template at the tip of the ship"?

      2) Comparing this weapon to the warp-fire thrower in WFB at the time
      MoW was in print, didn't that template (which had the same tear-drop
      shape) have a range of an Artillery Dice with the tip of that template
      being placed a certian distance out and then flare out from there? I
      would think that the MoW version would work in a similar way.

      3) I also think there is an association gamers have with a tear-drop
      template having to be placed in contact with the model. As I mention
      above that isn't always the case. If the template was a circular
      shape, how would you read the rule?

      Those are just my thoughts...It seems that this rule and how it is
      read could greatly help or hurt the Skaven player. I could be
      completely wrong in my assesment and it has been clarified elsewhere,
      if so could you tell me where?

      Also is there anyone out there who has played both ways? Does one way
      over/under-power the Skaven? I would try myself, but my only MoW
      gaming buddies are a few states away (anyone in the NW Burbs of
      Chi-Town?).