Re: Admiral Class Black Arc Template

  • manowarplayer
    Message 1 of 1297 , Oct 1, 2000
      <<<Victor Wrote>If the Black Arks are
      floating castles, then the big ones should have a central
      keep, packed with Repeating Bolt
      Throwers.>>><br><br>Excellent idea again Victor! Instead of using the crew at
      all to man the Repeater Bolts, I just made it a 4 hit
      location and placed it in the center of the ship so it can
      defend in all directions. It gives a +4 to Boarding
      Rolls if undamaged, and each hit takes away 1 from the
      bonus. This makes the strategy more along the lines of
      "Pummel the Ark for a few turns to make it vulnerable in
      a boarding action!". <br><br>I also made the two
      Battle Towers (that before had no effect if you damaged
      them) into +1 to the respective Broadside attack roll.
      Instead of the roll being d6 (a one is a miss) it is now
      d6+1 (a natural one is STILL a miss), but the minimum
      attack is going to be a 3, up to a 7. Only one High hit
      is needed to take this bonus away (at each end), and
      I may lower the save to only a 5 or 6 to make it
      more tempting to aim high.<br><br>All the same rules
      apply as to the regular MOW class Ark such as the Maze
      of Spells, Maze of Traps, moving ships out of the
      way ect... However, there is ever ONE Admiral class
      in a Dark Elf fleet and a regular MOW class Black
      Ark may not be taken unless the fleet is over (or
      equal to) 2000 points in size (counting the two Black
      Arcs.<br><br>I'm thinking that the Admiral Class Black Arc is
      worth about 450-500 points.<br><br>A playtest or two
      will determine it, but I'm leaning towards the 500
      since it appears to be<br>the most powerful ship again
      in MOW.<br><br>Thanks again to Victor for all his
      GREAT suggestions. I'm gonna put his name in the
    • cjbennett22
      Message 1297 of 1297 , Feb 9

        Do you really want my rules then?  They are mostly for the warmaster campaign originally then I substituted all of it's naval stuff with MOW fleets.  So if you are looking for just MOW campaign you can have a good jumping off point and see how I am trying it.  I like it, its simple enough but still very complex as it has warmaster and heroquest added in.  The original paper punchout set came with rules for a stand alone game and doubled as a WFB campaign game, then later there is a revised ruleset for warmaster armies instead. You can find these online with a good search.

        Even though they aren't very cheap you can still find plenty of the original mighty empires sets on EBAY right now, saves a lot of time from having to re-invent the wheel sort of speak.  Also there are companies that you can buy vinyl mats from with a hex pattern printed on them so you wont need to try and draw them on.  You have your choice of a lot of different size hexes, I believe the new plastic ones are 2 3/4 inches from point to point straight across.

        If you need anything though, my e-mail address is cjbennett22@..., e-mail me and we can exchange some stuff and help you get started quicker.  Where are you located about? I am always looking to meet up with some players.