Re: Hobby Products Ships

  • Holger Daniels
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 10:28 AM
      Hello All!
      Victor wrote:

      >Nice Job!
      >Could we have a picture next to a GW ship? To feel the size of it.

      I uploaded a photo for size comparison. It is about Buccaneer size, IMHO
      suitable for a Kislevite Merchant - no big, rich ships in this harsh
      country, only small tough vessels surviving even meetings with pack-ice,
      easily convertible to arms-bearing ships.

      Also included are at the bottom row the three hobby-products Elf ships
      (Stormbird left, Nymph middle, Dragonwind right) together with a GW
      hawkship on top, they have a quite right size. On the top right the HP
      dwarf Rakors Hammer beneath a GW Ironclad.

      Holger
    • Holger Daniels
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hi all!
        Just on a short notice: I finished the Kislevite armed Merchant Squad
        (Hobby Products ships)
        Albums>Photo Albums>hobby_products>Holgers Kislevite arm.Merchant

        Holger
      • Holger Daniels
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26, 2006
          Hello all!

          Excerpt from Hobby products website:

          "Unfortunately, the combination of boardgame and 'miniatures to be
          painted' did not reach the sales levels which would have been necessary
          for a continuing support and development of this game system.

          Therefore, EMPIRES in its present format will be discontinued at the
          beginning of 2006. The miniatures won't be produced after this point in
          time, and won't be available any more. This early announcement offers
          all interested parties the opportunity to provide themselves with any
          missing figures in our online-shop."

          And they stopped end of january, one more source of fantasy ships down :(
          If you happen to stumble over them in a physical shop, do not hesitate!

          Holger