MOW Game at ConQuest 2000(San Francisco)

  • manowarplayer
    Message 1 of 1297 , Sep 1, 2000
      I will be running a MOW game this Saturday at 9am
      at ConQuest in the open gaming area. It will a be
      playtest for the Great Unclean One (new ship), where the
      Nurgle Fleet will try to infect the shores of the Empire
      and Bretonnia. I think I know most of you locals
      anyways, but if not, please stop in and say hello, or
      better yet - PLAY!<br><br>I will take some pictures to
      post in the Photo section. <br><br>Later that night,
      Flagship Games PIRATES! will be being played. Jim
      Shumaker, Jeff Lorenzen, and myself will all be running
      Undead ships (my ship: "Dead in the Water") as a team of
      3 (hopefully) to capture the treasure. I'll get
      some pics of this game too as it's lots of fun to play
      as well - picture Warhammer at sea, minor ship
      movements, lots of cannon fire, tons of boarding.<br><br>If
      I see anything else real cool I'll grab a pic or
      two. Anyone else have a local Convention going on this
      weekend (Labor Day holiday weekend here in the
    • cjbennett22
      Message 1297 of 1297 , Feb 9

        Do you really want my rules then?  They are mostly for the warmaster campaign originally then I substituted all of it's naval stuff with MOW fleets.  So if you are looking for just MOW campaign you can have a good jumping off point and see how I am trying it.  I like it, its simple enough but still very complex as it has warmaster and heroquest added in.  The original paper punchout set came with rules for a stand alone game and doubled as a WFB campaign game, then later there is a revised ruleset for warmaster armies instead. You can find these online with a good search.

        Even though they aren't very cheap you can still find plenty of the original mighty empires sets on EBAY right now, saves a lot of time from having to re-invent the wheel sort of speak.  Also there are companies that you can buy vinyl mats from with a hex pattern printed on them so you wont need to try and draw them on.  You have your choice of a lot of different size hexes, I believe the new plastic ones are 2 3/4 inches from point to point straight across.

        If you need anything though, my e-mail address is cjbennett22@..., e-mail me and we can exchange some stuff and help you get started quicker.  Where are you located about? I am always looking to meet up with some players.