Uncharted Seas 30% Off

  • jpattern_xebec
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
      I see that Spartan Games is selling the Uncharted Seas ships for 30% off. Some of the ships are over-sized for MoW, but many would work.

      http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1817

      Bone Griffons = Undead
      Dragon Lords = Dark Elves
      Imperial = Empire, Bretonnia, or Pirates
      Iron Dwarves = Dwarves (very high-tech dwarves)
      Monsters and Beasts = Monsters of the Sea and Beasts of the Deep
      Orc Raiders = Orcs (a little higher tech than GW orcs)
      Shroud Mages = Chaos Dwarves
      Thaniras Elves = High Elves
      Ralgard = Cathay or Nippon
      Sky Pirates = Dwarf Dirigibles
      Scenery = Beautiful Forts and Bastions

      Of course, even at 30% off, the ships aren't cheap. Makes me wonder: If Spartan had scaled the ships down to MoW sizes and priced them much more reasonably, would the game have sold better?

      Jeff
    • Bruce Boragine
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
        I've bought some of the UnS starters; all but sky pirates, Ralgard & Imperial. I
        played the game with several MoW players. They like MoW better, since they have
        all or most all of the models and navies; and it's not different enough for them
        to get interested.. Most of the minis are too big for MoW.

        kt

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
          actually the rule book is available as a free pdf from the site.

          http://www.spartangames.co.uk/wp/wp/wp-content/spartanimg/ucs-digital-rulebook.pdf