Re: game counters for man o war

  • Dreadaxe
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 24, 2013
      Forget counters, use these cards with plastic card protectors and felt penc.
      http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html
    • Alan M
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 24, 2013
        thanx for the link I'll print those off and use them but its all of the
        Magic cards, Chaos rewards, crew tokens, range rulers etc that I now need.

        For the core set, Sea of blood and the Plague fleet

        Alan

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 24, 2013
          @Dreadaxe

          Sorry I didn't actually have a good look at those cards I merely thought
          they were normal ship cards.

          so if I use these cards I won't need to use a lot of the tokens in the box
          sets? and would these cards also mean I won;t need the tokens from sea of
          blood and Plague fleet?

          I have copies of the range rulers, and other templates it was the tokens
          for the three box sets I wanted. but if this ship cards replace the need
          for those I'd be stoked...

          Cheers
          Alan

          On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Alan M <alan.mcisaac@...> wrote:

          > thanx for the link I'll print those off and use them but its all of the
          > Magic cards, Chaos rewards, crew tokens, range rulers etc that I now need.
          >
          > For the core set, Sea of blood and the Plague fleet
          >
          > Alan
          >

          > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Dreadaxe <benoit.dumeaux@...>wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Forget counters, use these cards with plastic card protectors and felt
          >> penc.
          >> http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html

        • Marell Le Fou
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 24, 2013
            hey should replace approx all you need as for counters, but probably not magic carsd, etc, and wreckage markers.

            ________________________________
            De : Alan M <alan.mcisaac@...>
            À : theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com
            Envoyé le : Vendredi 25 janvier 2013 17h33
            Objet : Re: [The Sea Of Claws] Re: game counters for man o war

            @Dreadaxe

            Sorry I didn't actually have a good look at those cards I merely thought
            they were normal ship cards.

            so if I use these cards I won't need to use a lot of the tokens in the box
            sets? and would these cards also mean I won;t need the tokens from sea of
            blood and Plague fleet?

            I have copies of the range rulers, and other templates it was the tokens
            for the three box sets I wanted. but if this ship cards replace the need
            for those I'd be stoked...

            Cheers
            Alan

            On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Alan M <alan.mcisaac@...> wrote:

            > thanx for the link I'll print those off and use them but its all of the
            > Magic cards, Chaos rewards, crew tokens, range rulers etc that I now need.
            >
            > For the core set, Sea of blood and the Plague fleet
            >
            > Alan
            >

            > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Dreadaxe <benoit.dumeaux@...>wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> Forget counters, use these cards with plastic card protectors and felt
            >> penc.
            >> http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html

            The Sea Of Claws - Links
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theseaofclaws/linksYahoo! Groups Links

          • Alan M
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 24, 2013
              does anyone have a list of how many and what cards are used in each set I
              have access to some cards but not sure ifs the correct amount and types. If
              I have an itemised list I can check off each card and make sure I have them
              all.

              Will print off the ship cards, templates and rulers in a couple of days
              currently painting up my Nurgle fleet:

              1x Great Unclean One [Admiralship]
              2x Plagueships
              9x Plaguecrushers
              3x Death Galleys
              1x Bane Tower [Nurgle Sorcerer]

              Was wondering how do I convert up a Bloat ship? any one got any ideas? Do I
              use a Plagueship and just make it bloated?

              Cheers
              Alan

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 24, 2013
                You should be able to print :
                - Shipcards
                - Damages and Crew markers

                - Canon range ruler
                - Rotating template for ships

                You may need - think - wreckage markers, sunken markers, nurgle rot markers, and the type of markers used for some special ships (sumberged submarine, no firing, reload, etc). Magic cards, chaos magic cards, etc.

                I have not checked how are the Dreadaxe cards, so i can't say how usefull they are. When i play, i just note damages with checkboxes on my page, where i take my notes, etc.

                Marell

                ________________________________
                De : Alan M <alan.mcisaac@...>
                À : theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com
                Envoyé le : Vendredi 25 janvier 2013 18h19

                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 25, 2013
                  ok I got the following sorted:

                  Plague fleet tokens, counters, [eg Nurgle's Rot, chaos knight/cultist
                  markers etc]
                  Man O War Main box set tokens and counters.

                  as for sunken markers I have 3D markers for those.

                  What tokens came with Sea of Blood?
                  I think I've found most of the cards but sort of need a check list so I can
                  tick off what I have [or will have] and what I still need.

                  As I think I am missing alot of the sea of blood box set.

                  Alan

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 25, 2013
                    does anyone have the measurements for the Masts and Yardarms?

                    Trying to make some but can't find the measurements.

                    Alan

                  • Holger
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 25, 2013
                      Alan M wrote:
                      > Was wondering how do I convert up a Bloat ship? any one got any ideas? Do I
                      > use a Plagueship and just make it bloated?
                      http://boardgamegeek.com/image/241336/man-o-war?size=large
                      I used only one forecastle and two paddlewheels.
                      Then I did build a new hull and aftcastle from artist cardboard, in
                      order to have a leaner less chunky appearance.
                      Build trebuchet and crane from wood, cages from cardboard and mesh pieces.
                      On my old homepage were a building progress pictures, I actually have to
                      put them onto the blog!

                      /Holger