Re: [The Sea Of Claws] Bretonnian Sabre/Rapier

  • Marell Le Fou
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2013
      Same opinion here. Bretonnians lacks some punch since the chaos fleet andadvanced rules have been printed.

      They have only the three ships they have from the beginning, and have not been granted with any advanced rules from GW during the MOW era.

      Marell

      ________________________________
      De : wyld.hunt <wyld.hunt@...>
      À : theseaofclaws@yahoogroups.com
      Envoyé le : Jeudi 17 janvier 2013 9h44
      Objet : [The Sea Of Claws] Bretonnian Sabre/Rapier

      We've been playing a lot of MoW lately, and I've been poring over the changes and additions here. Rather than spamming the list with all the stuff we've done, I'll post a bit here and there.

      I like the idea of Scott's Bretonnian Cutlasses and Rapiers/Sabres (we went with Sabre for the name), and have added them to our game with two minor adjustments:
      1. Changed the Below Waterline save to 5+.
      2. Used only one damage box in Aft Mast location; adjusted move penalty for losing Aft Mast to 5"; adjusted move penalty for losing Fore Mast to 4".

      A general change we've made for Bretonnians is to change their crew to Veterans for Galleons/Corsairs and Sailors for Cutlasses/Sabres, using plain crew on Buccaneers. This gives them a small boost and difference to the other fleets.

      Cutlass and Sabres work well in our games - not too powerful, not weak, and filling a niche in the fleet.

      I resized Benoit's 3D paper Corsair model to make paper Sabres, using modified PotSM sails (from the Lady Nieves) for the sails - my take is that Sabres would be similar to schooners. I have uploaded a photo of these to theseaofclaws -> Photos -> Paper Mock-Ups -> Bretonnian Sabre 2.75D.

      Wyldhunt