Goblin Fleet Photos (Fully Painted) Coming Soon!

  • manowarplayer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2012
      Hey Guys - just an update of the Goblin fleet progress...

      I've spent some time recently painting up my Goblin fleet and I expect to post some more completed pictures tomorrow. Right now, I've also got some preliminary pictures showing the base primer coat and how some dry brushing changed the looks dramatically.

      http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/5662051/sn/149672968/name/Goblin+Fleet+Progress+1.jpg
      http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/5662051/sn/504760381/name/Goblin+Fleet+Progress+2.jpg

      I had ran out of the regular primer I have used in the past (it was a modeler's primer that was good for both metal and plastics) and the only one I could find at Lowes (Home Improvement Store), was a combination primer/paint in a brown color. Unfortunately it was a semi-gloss paint too. It was all I had and the dark brown image shows the ships prior to any other paint on them.

      Once I started the actual painting, I decided on more of a natural paint scheme of browns and tans since the boats were mostly of a raft design. I figured, I'd add in some Goblin Green later for highlights to tie them into the Orc paint scheme I have.

      You can see how the primer basically "blends" all the components together whether they were metal, plastic, green stuff or wood. This is why I try and remind people that even if you don't think your prototype will end up looking good, once your first layer of primer or paint goes on, a lot of mistakes and glitches are masked over. Each layer of paint after that just adds more detail and depth to the miniature. I think that once you see the finished ships, you will be pretty surprised at how "official" they appear to be - even though most of them are simply basic plastic bits.

      The drybrushing really makes all the little details "pop" and after I dip the miniatures, there will be a lot more details showing.

      Take a peek at the early stages of the painting!

      Scott
    • Victor Garcia
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2012
        They look great. . . for goblin ships!!  :-)

        Will never set a foot on one of those!  :-D

        Victor in Lustria

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2012
          Awesome !

          You're right, i had hesitations using little pieces of wood like matches, etc, because i thought it would give a too different appearance. But just with a primer, it already looks like they are normal plastic or metal models.

          Love them. Long to see them completed.

          Marell