Fwd: Caribbean Jahajee Journal, July 2nd 2006 : US, T&T, SURINAME v ROGER KHAN....WARNER, UNC Leader?....GUYANA Elections...KRRISH - blockbuster movie....UNC, Who's your Leader?....POETRY: MAHADAI DAS....JANET NAIDU....WI v INDIA.....WORLD CUP POLL: Germany? Italy? France? Portugal?....RAMLEELA....Struggles of Jahajees in US....Wanna be a UNC Senator? Sat, Boldon blanks UNC.....GECOM.....THIRD FORCE...Wanna be UNC Leader? BAS offers to JACK.....Brilliant Kids...TULSIDAS....Protecting East Indians....CASTE System....HINDI in US schools.....Our Proud History....Rape of Indian Women in GNS.....UNC diabetic?....Inspiration....PNC: failed party.....How to Stop DOOKERAN, by HP Mungalsingh....Ramesh v Kamla v Dookeran v Panday v ??.....Hillbilly Love Poem....

  • Ramchandra Bose
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      Caribbean Jahajee Journal, July 2nd 2006
      Voice of the Caribbean Jahajee Diaspora

      This is an abbreviated version of the Journal. We are away, will be back to regular edition soon.

      The test has classified the people in north and south India as belonging to one gene pool, and not different ethnic groups such as Aryans and Dravidians. The conclusion of some historians that Aryans came here 15,000 years before Christ does not hold water.
      --- Professor D N Tripathi, Chairman of the Indian Council of
      Historical Research
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=35

      http://www.JahajeeDesi.com
      Home of the Caribbean Jahajee Diaspora
      POLL : WORLD CUP 2006..... Who will win ?
      Germany, Italy, France, Portugal?
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11

      SEMI - FINALS
      04 July GERMANY v ITALY
      05 July PORTUGAL v FRANCE

      France's Thierry Henry, right, scores his side's first goal as Brazil goalkeeper Dida fails to make a save during the Brazil vs. France World Cup quarterfinal soccer match in Frankfurt, Germany, Saturday, July 1, 2006.
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11

      England's, from left, Jamie Carragher, John Terry (6), Owen Hargreaves (16) and Ashley Cole react after their 3-1 loss in a penalty kick shootout against Portugal during the quarterfinal World Cup soccer match between England and Portugal in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, Saturday, July 1, 2006.

      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11
      " Thank you so much for sending us all the mails and
      information. I look forward to continued flow of information "
      Warm regards,
      Selwyn

      Don't be Selfish!! Forward the Journal to your
      relatives and friends.....Tell them about the Jahajee site:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com
      Mail us at JahajeeDesi.com@...

      GUARANTEED MINIMUM 6% per year on ANNUITIES
      Open to International Investors including US, UK, CANADA, CARIBBEAN
      All major currencies: $US $Canadian EURO Sterling $TT
      Start from $TT100 over 1-yr Higher Returns on Larger Investments
      US-BANK CONFIDENTIAL Mutual Funds, Equities, Bonds
      For More Info, Send Mail to PIMGC@...

      Youths participate in the re-enactment of Ramdilla in their
      community.Ramdilla is the only annual/seasonal re enactment of a world epic in
      the Caribbean

      Ramdilla in need of national support
      by RAVIJI
      Nobel Laureate Derek Walcott referring to Felicity Ramdilla, observed, “the
      Ramayana would be poorly performed in this ocean of cane, but that was my
      writer’s view of things, and it is wrong. I was seeing Ramdilla at Felicity as theatre
      when it was faith.” ....Bharat Gupta, in his excellent work on Dramatic Concepts,
      Greek and Indian—A study of Poetics and Naatyashaastra, places Ramdilla in the
      category of heiropraxis—sacred drama....There has been a failure all around to
      investigate Ramdilla. Carifesta can provide the catalyst to make the difference. It
      was interesting that the launch of Carifesta attracted five Ramdilla groups to
      participate in the parade..... FULL ARTICLE at....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      Struggle of Indians for US Citizenship
      By Inder Singh
      A brief history of immigration to the United States reveals prejudice, hostility and
      blatant discrimination against the people of Indian origin. The Luce-Celler Bill
      signed by President Truman on July 3, 1946, gave citizenship rights to the Indian
      immigrants in the US. President Roosevelt also had supported the bill and wanted
      an end to statutory discrimination against Indians but he died before the bill could
      be enacted into law..... when the Asians started arriving, the US passed
      Naturalization Act of 1870 that denied Asians the right to become naturalized
      citizens. That new law was the first piece of discriminatory legislation against the
      people of Asia passed in the US Congress. ....... More at...
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9

      Florida restaurant sells $US 100 hamburger

      The Old Homestead Steak House in Boca Raton, Fla. unvieled its
      20-ounce, $100 slab of ground beef, billed as the 'beluga caviar of hamburgers'
      Tuesday, June 20, 2006. The burger combines the most expensive cuts of beef
      from the U.S., Japan and Argentina. ..... MORE at....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=24

      Current and Previous Issues of the Journal at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=26
      NEWS DIGEST

      "I am here to say the debate is over: the science is clear."
      RICHARD H. CARMONA, the US surgeon general, announcing that there is
      no safe level of secondhand smoke
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=15

      Khan's handing over to US elaborately planned....
      Chaos in Suriname Parliament over Khan's
      deportation.....Khan arraigned on drug charge in NY -pleads not guilty....
      While the details are still murky, it is becoming clearer that Roger Khan's
      rendition to the US was an elaborately planned operation that involved close
      collaboration with Surinamese and Trinidadian authorities.....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      SAT MAHARAJ blanks UNC SENATE offer; BOLDON to resign UNC
      Senatorship .........DOOKERAN:cannot work with cabal.........RAMNATH tells House
      of natural gas giveaway.......Disconnect between Govt and people: DOOKERAN on
      biggest problem facing T&T.....http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      T&T acted illegally, say KHAN's lawyers....Private sector would
      support GREENE as top cop - urges judicial hearing .....GECOM: Voters' list
      available online...THIRD FORCE spirit still alive - DEV welcomes public discourse
      on issues....http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      PANDAY tells WARNER : I’ll make you UNC leader
      ....By AZAD ALI
      FORMER United National Congress (UNC) leader Basdeo Panday has offered FIFA
      Vice-President Jack Warner the post of Political Leader of the party --now held by
      Winston Dookeran........The offer was made during a reception in the VVIP lounge
      at the Dortmund Stadium in Germany after the thrilling draw between the Soca
      Warriors and Sweden two weeks ago. A source told TnT Mirror: “Panday, Warner
      and UNC executive members, Vasant Bharath and Dr Tim Gopeesingh were all
      celebrating the exciting drawn game when the Soca Warriors “spirit” went to
      Panday’s head and he told Jack that he would give him leadership of the UNC
      when he returned home. More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Erotic Images Rev Up Women's Brains....Researchers Find Brainwave Activity Speeds Up in Strong Response
      When a woman says, "You turn me on," it may be her brain that's talking, as well
      as her hormones. A new study shows looking at erotic images causes a rapid
      increase in women's electrical brainwave activity, effectively turning their brains
      on.....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      Dookeran still UNC leader, says Kamla
      Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar says the United National Congress
      executive has made no decision to have her replace St Augustine MP Winston
      Dookeran as the party’s political leader. “At the level of the executive there is no
      such plan or move. I cannot say what is happening elsewhere,” Persad-Bissessar
      said in a telephone interview last evening. “That issue, with due respect, does not
      arise. There is still a political leader of the party.” Persad-Bissessar said the
      removal and replacement of the party’s political leader could only result from a
      mandate of its rank-and-file members. “A motion of no confidence has been
      placed…That does not remove him from his position as political leader,” she said.
      More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      BRILLIANT...BRIGHT KIDS! Leonora Primary School pupil,
      Anuradha Dev (daughter of RAVI DEV) and Tejwantie Persaud
      of St Gabriel's Primary have topped the last sitting of the Secondary
      School's Entrance Examinations (SSEE). Dev and Persaud both top scored with
      564 marks out of a possible 580 from among 18,000 candidates...More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      DNA axes Yetming....them too making jhanjat?.....Ganga Singh:
      Plan to oust Dookeran hatched in Germany....SENATOR JACK? UNC hunting for
      Carolyn, Sadiq replacements....DOOKERAN nah moving....but RAMESH ready to
      lead....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      India stutter after Windies collapse...DRAVID stems
      Indian collapse
      July 1, 2006
      India 200 and 128/6 v West Indies 103

      The Indians roar an appeal against Brian Lara but were not successful
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11
      CRICKET & WORLD CUP at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11
      UK helping in sound security for Guyana elections.....IDB
      approves US$19.8M for citizen security in Guyana....Opposition GECOM members
      withdraw - again.....Killer jaguars still roaming Essequibo Coast....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      DOUBLE HONOURS: Jade Pariag receives her SEA certificate from
      Joyce Barnett, Schools Supervisor III (Victoria Division). Jade, is a student of
      Brothers Presbyterian School, Williamsville, tied with Jesse Benjamin of Newtown
      RC School for first place in the SEA examinations.
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      Pupils of Freeport Hindu Primary School celebrate with their teacher
      on their success in the SEA examinations yesterday...More at: [b]
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      Full mobilisation of security forces for elections -- President assures
      COLLINS: Drug empire taken down, recovery of AK-47s top priority
      Tapegate: PM cannot advise on tribunal -- Felix argues
      Commonwealth working closely with Guyana on elections -- Secretary-General
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Book Reading and Signing
      Poet and Writer Janet Naidu
      reads from her book
      Rainwater

      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=40

      Date: Saturday, July 29....Time: 4:00 PM....
      Location: 132 St. and Liberty Ave., Richmond Hill, New York
      Sponsored by the Association of Writers and Artists

      For details, please contact: Gary Girdhari - Guyana Journal
      Phone: 718-835-1530 or email: guyanajournal@...

      “If the poems in Winged Heart, Janet Naidu’s first volume, disclose
      an earnest desire to escape from colonial confinement, those in her second
      volume, Rainwater, revel in altogether more affectionate, balanced and lyrical
      evocation of her bitter-sweet Guyanese past, and its layered issues of migration,
      identity, love, and the role of women in the modern world.....”
      ---- Frank Birbalsingh, Professor Emeritus, Department of English,
      York University, Toronto, Canada.

      “These poems are heartbeats in ‘the tunnel of leaving and returning’. They move
      from birthplace to places stained in struggle and longing. Like rainwater, they are
      awash with cleansing light and beauty.” [/color]
      ---- Arnold Harrichand Itwaru, Professor and Director of Caribbean
      Studies: New College, University of Toronto. Poet, artist and author of the classic
      Shanti.
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=40
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      UNC executive axes two senators, 'disciplines' Dookeran
      Dookeran putting up a fight, may take legal action
      Little Vijay gone but not forgotten, says mum
      Kidnapping accused walk free .....State witness disappears
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      Joint Services have to show more crime fight results - President Jagdeo
      PPP/C accuses PNCR of attempting to frustrate its supporters, GECOM
      EAB, fingerprint tests validate accuracy of list - PPP
      Guyana's airport certified to international standards
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ONLINE POLLS:
      KAMLA or DOOKERAN as Leader of UNC?.. into the next general election
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=48

      Who has the better chance of beating the PNM?, KAMLA or DOOKERAN?
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=48
      Latest results at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=48
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Stoic US Poet Laureate :
      Donald Hall waxes poetic on being named the next laureate,
      criticizing the government and Father's Day
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=42

      GREEN CARD LOTTERY! APPLY NOW!
      FOR MORE INFO, send mail to :
      TTJAHAJ@...

      MAHADAI DAS: Poetess of Our People
      I am happy to see a Poetess of Our People, Mahadai Das, being brought to national consciousness via the current discussions in the press. Unlike the other letter writers, I have only met this poet via glimpses of her bold poetry. Hers is a memory that haunts, like the memory of so many others who participated in the early post-independence politics of Guyana – a period of rabid turbulence from which Guyana is yet to emerge. Mahadai Das represents, to me, at that moment when she won the famous Miss Diwali Pagaent (www.guyanaundersiege.com / diwali queens), freedom, hope, youth (implying both impressionable and naïve as often goes with it), courage, beauty, brains, idealism, patriotism, political innocence....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=42

      EAST INDIAN DIASPORA at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9
      Role of TULSIDAS in Hindu Renaissance
      Tulsidas appeared at a time when the Hindu society was groping in dark and was
      losing luster of life. The foreign invaders, with a few exceptions, had found the
      land suitable for making it their homeland and settle in India....More at....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

      Protecting East Indian Rights in Guyana
      by Moses Seenarine
      ".....Through reservations, the police and military will become ethnically balanced, however it is important to point out that this still does not solve the problem of the fox guarding the hen house. Many of the robberies and violence in Guyana are committed by members of the police and military, or with their complicity, which proves that an underpaid police state will only result in increased lawlessness. So to obtain security, we must de-militarize the police state, not increase policing. The same is true for eliminating the rampant political corruption in the country...More at.....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127

      Caste System - A Historical and Analytical Overview
      In India various racial groups have found refuge and shelter. The sakas, Hunas, Kushans and Mongols even the Christians led by Saint Thomas and Jews and Parses found a refuge in India and made it their homeland. India thus became a melting pot of various groups, which merged in the main stream of Hindu philosophy.... More at....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

      EAST INDIAN DIASPORA at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9
      Send News, Letters, Opinions, Media Releases, Essays, Reviews,
      Event Info etc to JahajeeDesi.com@...

      MOVIES...MUSIC...HUMOR...BOOKS...INDIAN DIASPORA SPORTS...
      ...HINDUISM...FINANCE...HEALTH...LIFESTYLE...ARTS...at...
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

      Drinking alcohol before sex increases risk of HIV infection
      More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=15

      Group to seek Hindi classes at high school in NEW
      JERSEY HindiUSA set to lobby Township schools for
      class availability
      Hindi has more native speakers worldwide than almost any other language, and a
      state advocacy group is trying to ensure that South Brunswick students can
      understand them. HindiUSA intend to lobby the South Brunswick School District in
      September to offer Hindi classes, HindiUSA coordinator Devendra Singh said. The
      organization already has talked to officials in the West Windsor-Plainsboro and
      Edison school districts, Mr. Singh said....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

      Our Proud History Must Be Told, Hindu Presence in
      South East Asia
      In India, we were not even allowed to fly our national flag from our houses and
      shops. What we then could feel proud of ? A prostrate Mahatama, or a insular
      Nehru? And without pride we will become some one’s slave again …. that’s certain.
      But the most sinister and damning damage to our heritage and national pride as a
      people has been done in modern times by our own “progressive” orphaned
      children of Marx who in collaboration with their pseudo secularists and socialists
      has made our glorious ancient past almost a joke.
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

      Movie Review : KRRISH

      Yes, finally, the much-awaited KRRISH has arrived. Armed with monumental expectations, this sequel to KOI... MIL GAYA is touted to win the hearts of kids from 6 to 60. Most importantly, KRRISH is expected to rewrite box-office history
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=19

      On the whole, KRRISH is a winner all the way. At the box-office, the film will
      rewrite box-office history and emerge one of the biggest hits ever. The film will
      establish records from Day 1 itself, while the first weekend business will be
      brilliant and the first week billing should shatter all previous records. A money
      spinner, KRRISH is a definite blockbuster!
      Rating :- * * * * 1/2 ......... More at.....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=19

      DAILY HINDU WISDOM

      He who shirks action does not attain freedom; no one can gain perfection by
      abstaining from work. Indeed, there is no one who rests for even an instant;
      every creature is driven to action by his own nature.
      --- BHAGAVAD GITA 3:4-5
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Because of your faith, I shall tell you the most profound of secrets: obtaining both
      jnana and vijnana, you will be free from all evil.
      This royal knowledge, this royal secret, is the greatest purifier. Righteous and
      imperishable, it is a joy to practice and can be directly experienced.
      ---- BHAGAVAD GITA 9:1-2
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Right or wrong,
      Joy and sorrow,
      These are of the mind only.
      They are not yours.

      It is not really you
      Who acts or enjoys.

      You are everywhere,
      ----Ashtavakra Gita 1:6
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      HINDUISM 101: Basics for Hindus & non-
      Hindus.... An Education in HINDUISM
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1238

      Hinduism Resources at
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

      To Join Caribbean Hindus Online Yahoo Group, send mail to :
      CaribbeanHindus@...
      Meet Interesting People! Make New Friends
      http://friends.JahajeeDesi.com
      MOVIES at...
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=19

      CARIBBEAN EAST INDIANS IN THE UNITED STATES
      by Mahin Gosine
      Several questions come together to form the basis of the study. When did
      Caribbean East Indians migrate to the United States? What is the nature of
      Caribbean East Indian migration? Does Caribbean East Indian migration resemble
      the migration patterns of other immigrant groups that have settled permanently in
      the United States? Where in the United States do most Caribbean East Indians
      settle? Do the vast majority of East Indians settle in ethnic neighborhoods? Are
      ethnic neighborhoods functional for immigrants, or do they alter their levels of
      assimilation? Is the level of assimilation the same for first generation Caribbean
      East Indian immigrants as it is for second and subsequent generations. And what
      is the future of ethnic neighborhoods in the United States.
      More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119

      HUMOR at
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14

      FINANCE & INVESTING at
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12
      JAHAJEE DIARY

      Post you event info at :
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28
      Or, Mail to JahajeeDesi.com@...
      Book Village kicks off on July 1, GEORGETOWN, Guyana, spin off of
      Guyana Book Festival. The Georgetown Reading and Research Centre (GRRC) is
      staging yet another book exhibition.... opening July 1 at its 179 Waterloo Street
      location, will kick off a month of "trumpeting the call to increase literacy" in
      Guyana...MORE AT:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

      ART & CLASS @ RAJKUMARI Center, Queens, NY,
      JULY 5 - AUGUST 23, 2006, SEPTEMBER 6 thru DECEMBER 16, 2006....
      MORE AT:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

      Fiji Festival Hayward California 2006, July 1-2, 2006
      MORE AT:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

      Anoopam Mission to Host Shrimad Bhagwat Katha Gnan
      July 17 to 23, Pennsylvania.....More at...

      Date: Saturday, July 29 Time: 4:00 PM
      Phone: 718-835-1530 or email: guyanajournal@... ......More at...
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

      GREEN CARD LOTTERY! APPLY NOW!
      FOR MORE INFO, send mail to :
      TTJAHAJ@... [/color]

      Stock Market Updates, 06/24/2006
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

      ART.....THEATER......at
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=22

      Jahajee OP-ED

      You may submit items for publication in the Op-Ed section.
      Mail to JahajeeDesi.com@...
      or Post at the OP-Ed page:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      DOOKERAN's hour of decision nears
      UNC debacle means virtual one-party state
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      UNC has diabetes.....no respect...
      The UNC has diabetes. If it was healthy the wound it is suffering from would have
      been healed long ago. It is not the leadership that has to be blamed. The present
      crisis is reflective of a deeper problem in the body politics of the Indian
      community. The present crisis can be resolved not by going on a meet the people
      tour as Kamla imdicated. Nor can it be resolved by Dookeran taking leave. The
      solution to the current crisis is to give real power to the rank and file of the party.
      The Kamla-led faction of the UNC is demonstrating that it has no respect for its
      rank and file by the fact that the party.......More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      Rape of Indian women in Guyana National Service:
      Why this venom against East Indian women?Other
      societies pursue the perpetrators of rape and murder.........Ms Das
      was not the same person in NY....More at...
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      "...I agree that Kamla is the best option. Ramesh Maharaj cannot even lead a march past - how many cases has he actually taken to courts for the poor of this country. This man is an ambulance chaser desperate for....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      Only a failed political party will revert to failed experiments
      "....When a political party seeking to redeem itself after a dirty past stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the errors of its ways and quite shamelessly instead campaigns on the record of its failed achievements, that party rather than running from its past will collide in a tragic way with it. This is bound to be the fate of the People's National Congress, which has been completely and comprehensively outshone by its historical nemesis, the People's Progressive Party (PPP) and instead of offering new and imaginative policies to the electorate, is seeking to roll back the block by embracing even in a reformed manner such failed initiatives as National Service. ....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      "....It is interesting that this motion was moved by Vashist and seconded by
      Daphne, two persons whose membership on the Executive are questionable.
      Vashist was a member of the Elections Management Committee until after the
      close of nominations for the Executive election. He was asked to resign by Ganace
      Ramdial ....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      PNC's National Service: experiment of failed party

      Abu Bakr misses the point......We need the truth and nothing but the truth ....A
      female shares her experience in the GNS ....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      H. P. Mungalsingh advises UNC how to stop
      DOOKERAN
      "....Mr. Dookeran and Mr. Baksh is running hard and direct at the heart of the UNC
      and its Indian core. It was the strategy used by Hannibal in his first victory against
      Scipio. It causes confusion and a braking of ranks so that the UNC at its core can
      be slaughtered. Mr. Dookeran has no intention of remaining in the UNC and he
      intends to create a core structure before he leaves. Ideally he would like the
      situation to remain as long as possible but if kicked out he will build on a wave of
      sentiment. It is win-win for him. Using this core structure from within the UNC and
      using what the DNA is attempting.....More at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      KHAN in SURINAM : Larger campaign at hand
      Circumventing the Freeing of known criminals
      International community must speak out
      Thus the violent backlash against the PPP/C government
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      Ramesh should be content to serve under Kamla
      Every time you think the UNC has just gotten too crazy for it to get any worse...
      ONE PARTY STATE: UNC executive has no clue how they are being perceived
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      UNC shoots itself not only in foot but head also
      High grandstanding from Manning
      Vote for me....UNC's 'outlandish' ad
      Link between PNM coming to power & Kidnapping?
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      MORE Op-Ed at
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27

      LITERATURE at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17
      Latest petition at :
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/index.php?page=voice
      VOTE IN POLL ....Inform your relatives and friends......

      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

      [Oct 4 2005] If T&T elections are held now, who gets your vote?
      Vote at:
      http://www.JahajeeDesi.com
      [Dec 03 2005] If GY Elections are held now, who gets your vote?
      Vote at:
      http://www.JahajeeDesi.com
      [Dec 03 2005] Should WICB fire BENNET KING?
      Vote at:
      http://www.JahajeeDesi.com

      GREEN CARD LOTTERY! APPLY NOW!
      FOR MORE INFO, send mail to :
      TTJAHAJ@...

      Inspiration

      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10
      The states of sattva, rajas, and tamas come from me, but I am not in them. These three gunas deceive the world: people fail to look beyond them to me, supreme and imperishable. The three gunas make up my divine maya, difficult to overcome. But they cross over this maya who take refuge in me. Others are deluded by maya; performing evil deeds, they have no devotion to me. Having lost all discrimination, they follow the way of their lower nature.
      --- Bhagavad Gita 7:12-15
      People weep for their spouses, their children, and their wealth, but who weeps for
      God? While a child is engrossed with its toys its mother attends to her household
      duties, but when the child throws the toys aside and screams for its mother, then
      the mother puts down her cooking pot and takes the child in her arms.
      --- Ramakrishna
      I am support of this world, soul of this body,
      I am ear of all ears, eye of all eyes.
      (Bhajo Radhe Krishna...)
      I am time, space, dik and the controller,
      I am God of gods, guru and the director.
      (Om Om.....)

      I am melody in music, in rag and raginins,
      I am sound in ether, sakti in virya.
      (Bhajo Radhe Krishna...)
      I am power in electricity, intelligence in mind,
      I am brilliance in fire, penance in ascetics.
      (Om Om.....)

      I am 'reason' in philosopher, 'will' in jnanis,
      I am prem in bhaktas, samadhi in yogis.
      (Bhajo Radhe Krishna...)
      I am That I am, I am That I am, I am That I am, I am That I am.
      (Om Om.....)
      --- Swami Sivananda

      More on HINDUISM at
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=10

      LITERATURE at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17

      GREEN CARD LOTTERY! APPLY NOW!
      FOR MORE INFO, send mail to :
      TTJAHAJ@...

      Meet Interesting People!
      http://friends.JahajeeDesi.com

      MUSIC at....
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=21

      THE LIGHTER SIDE...HUMOR
      A HILLBILLY LOVE POEM

      SUSIE LEE DONE FELL IN LOVE;
      SHE PLANNED TO MARRY JOE.
      SHE WAS SO HAPPY 'BOUT IT ALL,
      SHE TOLD HER PAPPY SO.

      PAPPY TOLD HER, SUSIE GAL,
      YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER.
      I'D JUST AS SOON YO' MA DON'T KNOW,
      BUT JOE IS YO' HALF BROTHER......
      Continued at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=14
      QUOTES OF THE DAY
      There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
      -- George Santayana, Soliloquies in England, 1922, "War Shrines"

      One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and
      always a clever thing to say.
      -- Will Durant

      -- Joan Klempner

      Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by
      definition, be disqualified from ever doing so.
      -- Gore Vidal
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
      WORLD CUP 2006, C R I C K E T at:
      http://www.jahajeedesi.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11
      There is no greater dignity than that of the man who declares,
      "I will never cease in laboring to advance my family."

      Perseverance and sound understanding--
      These two are what exalt a man's family.

      When a man declares he will advance his family,
      God Himself will wrap His robes and lead the way.

      ---- Tirukkural 103:1021-1023

      Copyright @2006 JahajeeDesi.com

      http://www.JahajeeDesi.com
      Home of the Caribbean Indian Diaspora