You are not your robot

  • JustinR
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      You are not your robot.

      I think this is an interesting commentary from: http://sstephenson.us/posts/you-are-not-your-code

      "I have learned that in the open-source world, you are not your code. A critique of your project is not tantamount to a personal attack. An alternative take on the problem your software solves is not hostile or divisive. It is simply the result of a regenerative process, driven by an unending desire to improve the status quo."

      I think this easily applies to robotics. I know in the past folks have pointed out faults in my designs and other folks designs and sometimes it can feel like a personal attack, but as long as we focus on critiques as valued input and an effort to share knowledge then I think we'll keep a positive outlook.

      Happy Roboting,
      -Justin