multiple filters

  • dmarks1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2003
      Hi all, I am setting up a 65 gal aquarium. I am using an emporer 400gal/hr power filter. A friend suggested that I also use an under gravel filter with a power head. A different person advised against the UGF. Any thoughts on running both, since I will also be changing the water and vac. the gravel, if I do run both will it be necessary to pull the gravel filter out for cleaning once or twice a year. Your expertise are appreciated. Thank you David