fin rot

  • mfp90021
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2002
      I am hoping that somebody can find a solution for fin rot. I have
      three fish (Bala Shark, Silver Dollar Red Hook, and an Irridescent
      Shark) all 5-7 inches in a 40 gallon tank with a Fluval 304
      canister filter. I change the water 5 gallons per week. I treat the
      water with Nova Aqua and AmQuel before adding to the tank.
      The ammonia and nitrate levels are normal and the water is
      crystal clear. Every 2-3 months my fish get fin rot, I treat with
      Maracyn for 5-10 days and it goes away for awhile but always
      comes back. I am currently treating them with Maracyn for about
      the tenth time in almost two years. It's driving me crazy. Does
      anybody know why it keeps coming back?