Re: Beginner question...

  • doug_sornberger
    Message 1 of 78 , Mar 1, 2002
      yes, it is there. Look for bullet proof reef set up.
      This would be the cheapest. Basically what you need is
      good testing equip., protien skimmer, power heads for
      water movement, live rock for filtration (sp), and good
      light. Surf around. There is much info out there. Good
      books too. Check out flyingfishexpress.com for
    • patchman72
      Message 78 of 78 , Mar 4, 2002
        I recently purchased a Kent 35 Hi-S Maxima water
        filter. It has 3 lower chambers and one on top
        (horizontal). From what I can tell, I don't think I'm using it
        properly? Line one is hooked up to the faucet. The water
        flows from there, into chamber 1 and then 2. 2 then
        goes to the horizontal chamber which has two lines
        out. One waste and the other goes to chamber 3. This
        is where my disbelief is. What is the purpose of
        this waste line? It flows at a good clip, while the
        desired product at the end just trickles? Not only do I
        feel like I'm wasting (no pun intended) water, but
        water that has just been filtered through the first 2
        chambers? I am crazy? It take all day just to fill a 5
        gallon bucket...