a good book

  • Jayhawk744
    Message 1 of 78 , Sep 17, 2001
      I just started a 10 gallon reef tank, and I love
      it. But, I would like to get some stuff that came
      with the live rock id'd. Are there any good books out
      there that show pictures and descriptions of these
      little critters I see living in my fiji live rock?
      Various things would be something that looks like a white
      centipide. It was about an inch long, and as thick as a
      piece of string. Or a little "bug" that has a round
      dome shapped shell. Etc. I am fascinated by everything
      I see, but would love to know what they are. Can
      anyone help or recommend a good book that tells all?
      Thanks.<br><br>Jeremy
    • patchman72
      Message 78 of 78 , Mar 4, 2002
        I recently purchased a Kent 35 Hi-S Maxima water
        filter. It has 3 lower chambers and one on top
        (horizontal). From what I can tell, I don't think I'm using it
        properly? Line one is hooked up to the faucet. The water
        flows from there, into chamber 1 and then 2. 2 then
        goes to the horizontal chamber which has two lines
        out. One waste and the other goes to chamber 3. This
        is where my disbelief is. What is the purpose of
        this waste line? It flows at a good clip, while the
        desired product at the end just trickles? Not only do I
        feel like I'm wasting (no pun intended) water, but
        water that has just been filtered through the first 2
        chambers? I am crazy? It take all day just to fill a 5
        gallon bucket...