Are corals stinging each other

  • jpc9955
    Message 1 of 78 , Dec 6, 1999
      Hello ive recently joined this club and I like
      what i see.I have set up a mixed reef aquarium my
      question is that I have a hammerhead hard coral that is
      doing rather well but sat close by is quiet a large
      toadstool soft coral.The toadstool has recentley started to
      divide itself but it has not shown its polyps for about
      3 weeks now and I was curious if this is normal or
      it was being stung by the hammerhead.The gap between
      the two corals is approxamitley 3inches or 65mm.I
      look forward to any comments and suggestions
    • patchman72
      Message 78 of 78 , Mar 4, 2002
        I recently purchased a Kent 35 Hi-S Maxima water
        filter. It has 3 lower chambers and one on top
        (horizontal). From what I can tell, I don't think I'm using it
        properly? Line one is hooked up to the faucet. The water
        flows from there, into chamber 1 and then 2. 2 then
        goes to the horizontal chamber which has two lines
        out. One waste and the other goes to chamber 3. This
        is where my disbelief is. What is the purpose of
        this waste line? It flows at a good clip, while the
        desired product at the end just trickles? Not only do I
        feel like I'm wasting (no pun intended) water, but
        water that has just been filtered through the first 2
        chambers? I am crazy? It take all day just to fill a 5
        gallon bucket...