Hello

  • Jewels
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2006
      Hi I am Jewels, I joined this group looking for some help. I have had
      tanks for probably 35 years. Recently realized that the Ph in my 29
      gal fresh water was about 8.3. Put in a buffer which did not lower it
      at all. Had several old fish but new fish lasted only a week or so.
      Have moved the old fish and started trying to find the problem. I have
      about 20 lb of slate and 3 biowheel filters and gravel. Am working
      through possibilities, have removed all slate refilled with water and
      left the filters running, ph went back up, drained tank clean filters
      and turned them off. Filled about 1/4 water and Ph is high again.
      Must be the gravel. Anyone had a similar problem? Ideas

      Sorry for the long post, have tried several forums with no answer.

      Thanks