New Member - Fresh Water Planats

  • libertyvideo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      Greetings, I have many questions...but I'd like to ask if a True
      Actinic light is beneficial in a fresh water planted aquarium. I
      already have one from a previous salt water setup. Should I use it on
      my fresh water setup, or put it in the closet till I go salt again?

      Thanks,

      Pete
    • scottboyle9903
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2006
        Pete,
        True Actinic lights are far more beneficial to saltwater tanks. They tend to bring out the
        colors on the saltwater fish exquisitely. In a freshwater tank, it's generally a little better to
        have a 50/50, T8, etc. Although, even in a freshwater tank the true actinics look great on
        your plants...Overall, if you are planning on a saltwater tank in the future - I would just save
        it.
        Scott Boyle
        free aquarium reports, tips, and tricks: http://www.aquariumbliss.com