reef tanks

  • wjcoldman
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
      Hello all,

      I would like the question of how much current should I be using in my
      55 gallon reef tank.

      Is there such a thing as too much current?

      Thanks,
      wjcoldman
    • Glenn Warren
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2004
        Hi,Glenn here.Ive had a reef tank for over 2 yrs.First
        off there is such a thing as too much,in a way.u can
        have all the current u want as long as u r not
        blasting the bottom with it sturring things up or u r
        not blasting the hell out of your coral.What i did was
        have a very strong return pump that was branched of
        into two returns.I set the returnes in the middle of
        the tank blowing the water out to the left and to the
        right front corner.Then i got two power heads and
        stuck them on the middle of each side blowing at each
        other this makes for a whirlpool effect and worked
        well for me.If u need any more help feel free to im me
        at daytonalappdog@.... ldman

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/V9QrlB/TM

        http://vote.yahoo.com