new salt water tank. What is this stuff?

  • jagmark2_2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2004
      I have an 2 week old salt water tank. I put some live rock in it and
      after a couple weeks some of the rocks have a rust colored growth or
      something on them. Is this OK? What is it likely to be?

      Pictures posted by Lotus Bob
    • Glenn Warren
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2004
        Yes its fine,its a stage live rock goes thru,if u
        wanna reach me do so at daytonalappdog@...

        --- jagmark2_2000 <jaguar@...> wrote:
        > I have an 2 week old salt water tank. I put some
        > live rock in it and
        > after a couple weeks some of the rocks have a rust
        > colored growth or
        > something on them. Is this OK? What is it likely
        > to be?
        >
        > Pictures posted by Lotus Bob
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • jagmark2_2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2004
          Thanks for the update. I am considering new lights and a protien
          skimmer. Any recommendations?
          --- In thereefkeepersetc@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Warren
          <daytonalappdog@y...> wrote:
          > Yes its fine,its a stage live rock goes thru,if u
          > wanna reach me do so at daytonalappdog@y...
          >
          > --- jagmark2_2000 <jaguar@s...> wrote:
          > > I have an 2 week old salt water tank. I put some
          > > live rock in it and
          > > after a couple weeks some of the rocks have a rust
          > > colored growth or
          > > something on them. Is this OK? What is it likely
          > > to be?
          > >
          > > Pictures posted by Lotus Bob
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Glenn Warren
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2004
            for lights i use satnard vho not pc,s of around 4 to 5
            watts per gallon.this works great with not to much
            cost or the heat of halide.on skimmer i allways use
            one too big for my tank if u have a 55 get a model 75
            red sea,if u got anything above a 55 do favor and just
            get the model 150,hope this helps

            --- jagmark2_2000 <jaguar@...> wrote:
            > Thanks for the update. I am considering new lights
            > and a protien
            > skimmer. Any recommendations?
            > --- In thereefkeepersetc@yahoogroups.com, Glenn
            > Warren
            > <daytonalappdog@y...> wrote:
            > > Yes its fine,its a stage live rock goes thru,if u
            > > wanna reach me do so at daytonalappdog@y...
            > >
            > > --- jagmark2_2000 <jaguar@s...> wrote:
            > > > I have an 2 week old salt water tank. I put
            > some
            > > > live rock in it and
            > > > after a couple weeks some of the rocks have a
            > rust
            > > > colored growth or
            > > > something on them. Is this OK? What is it
            > likely
            > > > to be?
            > > >
            > > > Pictures posted by Lotus Bob
            > > >

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway
            > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/design_giveaway/

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
          • jagmark2_2000
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2004
              Are those compact flourescent lights? How about the seaclone 150
              <daytonalappdog@y...> wrote:
              > for lights i use satnard vho not pc,s of around 4 to 5
              > watts per gallon.this works great with not to much
              > cost or the heat of halide.on skimmer i allways use
              > one too big for my tank if u have a 55 get a model 75
              > red sea,if u got anything above a 55 do favor and just
              > get the model 150,hope this helps
              >
              > --- jagmark2_2000 <jaguar@s...> wrote:
              > > Thanks for the update. I am considering new lights
              > > and a protien
              > > skimmer. Any recommendations?
              > > --- In thereefkeepersetc@yahoogroups.com, Glenn
              > > Warren
              > > <daytonalappdog@y...> wrote:
              > > > Yes its fine,its a stage live rock goes thru,if u
              > > > wanna reach me do so at daytonalappdog@y...

              > > some
              > > rust
              > > likely

              > > > Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway
              > > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/design_giveaway/

              > http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
            • nybraves2003
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2004
                Buy b-ionic calcium it will help reduce algae and growth si good. It
                will also help produce good algae and color and help things grow
                better. It runs 20.00 for two big bottles at first use u will use
                alot initally but after that 2 bottles will last you 6-8 months. The
                first two bottles you buy will last you 2 maybe 3 months.

                --- In thereefkeepersetc@yahoogroups.com, "jagmark2_2000"