Re: [The REAL PETA] Animals stuck at the LA Harbor

  • italysbadboy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      I talked to a US Customs represenative and was told that live cargo
      is air freighted not shipped by boat. I asked her questions
      regarding this, and she seems to be knowledgeable about this.

      --- In therealpeta@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:

      > Have you tried the HSUS site? I am sure they have a number on there
      which you can call. I haven't heard anything about this until now.
      Could you fill me in a little more on what is going on? I may be able
      to help in some way.
      > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
      >
      > italysbadboy wrote:Hello all,
      >
      > I was wondering today if anyone is concerned about any live cargo
      > that is stuck at striking LA Harbor? I was thinking that shipping
      > would have started again today. If there is live cargo at the
      docks
      > it's stranded there and the the docks aren't moving. I have tried
      > contacting a few numbers but I just get alot of voice machines. I
      > have gotten in touch with the SPCA in the area but I was told that
      > they haven't recieved any calls! In other words they are waiting
      for
      > calls from the shipping companies. I seriously don't expect these
      > companies to care about what happens to this cargo. I am not
      skilled
      > at finding the correct organizations but I will do the best I can.
      > If anyone can help me spread the word about this potential lost it
      > would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks, Allan

      Service.

      > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
      and warmth to our souls."

      > Colleen Klaum
      >
      > "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
      men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
      Immanuel Kant

    • Colleen Klaum
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        Alot of live cargo is transported via truck too. If there's any way I can be of assistance, let me know.
        *Colleen* (Catwoman)

        italysbadboy wrote:I talked to a US Customs represenative and was told that live cargo
        is air freighted not shipped by boat. I asked her questions
        regarding this, and she seems to be knowledgeable about this.

        --- In therealpeta@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:

        > Have you tried the HSUS site? I am sure they have a number on there
        which you can call. I haven't heard anything about this until now.
        Could you fill me in a little more on what is going on? I may be able
        to help in some way.
        > *Colleen* (Catwoman)
        >
        > italysbadboy wrote:Hello all,
        >
        > I was wondering today if anyone is concerned about any live cargo
        > that is stuck at striking LA Harbor? I was thinking that shipping
        > would have started again today. If there is live cargo at the
        docks
        > it's stranded there and the the docks aren't moving. I have tried
        > contacting a few numbers but I just get alot of voice machines. I
        > have gotten in touch with the SPCA in the area but I was told that
        > they haven't recieved any calls! In other words they are waiting
        for
        > calls from the shipping companies. I seriously don't expect these
        > companies to care about what happens to this cargo. I am not
        skilled
        > at finding the correct organizations but I will do the best I can.
        > If anyone can help me spread the word about this potential lost it
        > would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks, Allan

        Service.

        > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
        and warmth to our souls."

        > Colleen Klaum
        >
        > "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with
        men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
        Immanuel Kant

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Colleen Klaum