Re: [The REAL PETA] Re: NJ- Protest At Huntingdon Life Sciences

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 8, 2002
      I never said that about you either DJ, or would I even think it. But HLS is not the only facility around. As far as I am concerned, they are barberic in the ways they treat the animals whether it be for medical testing, lawn care products, which they do alot of that there for those big-ass companies which we all already know that the stuff they put in there is poison without it ever having to be tested on animals. It doesn't take someone with a brain to figure that one out. Or maybe if we are having a bad day today we will take it out on Spike the dog because he is just a dog, now that's sad. Now you tell me DJ that you know for a fact that this isn't going on in this HLS facility? Colleen

      nanookadenord <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I never said that you are dumb or naive! I stated that I am not as
      dum or naive as you think I am, reread what I posted. Nor did I say
      that you are an AR, I only said AR when I was talking about losing my
      children if the AR ban all testing on animals. There are others that
      may not be AR, but they are with the AR on testing.

      --- In therealpeta@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:

      > And stop calling me an AR type too DJ, I am not DUMB or NAIVE
      either. <EOM>

      > nanookadenord <no_reply@y...> wrote: I'm sorry but this is a case
      where you don't need to see it for your
> [...]
      facility.
      > Have you actually seen the cruelty they perform on the animals? A
      > simple question that requires a simple answer. Colleen
      > >
      > > nanookadenord <no_reply@y...> wrote: No I haven't but I do
      know,
      > I'm not naive(sp?)! It's like these
      > > people who look at the videos from a slaughterhouse and say that
      > they
      > > never knew what happened in a slaughterhouse. How can you know
      > know
      > > what goes on in a slaughterhouse? I mean it is after all called
      > > SLAUGHTERHOUSE! It is a testing facility, I know what a testing
      > > facility is, I do not need to go in there and see for myself what
      > > they do. I use common sense as to what goes on in there, and yes
      > > some of it is pretty bad, but that is a trade off I am willing to
      > > make. I would rather have chemicals tested on animals and
      medicine
      > > tested on animals then have it not tested and it just kill
      millions
      > > of people. I am sorry, but no animals life is worth more then a
      > > humans. Not even my pets, if it came down to who eats when I
      have
      > > only a little bit of money, I am sorry, my dogs will suffer. My
      > kids
      > > come first ALWAYS!! I also don't believe in giving dogs to
      > shelters
      > > as I worked at one and know what goes on there as well, it isn't
      > > pretty. You will never change my mind on HLS, I am sorry, but
      they
      > > are very needed, why is it other countries stick up for HLS, but
      > yet
      > > our own people who are putting on rose color glasses when it
      comes
      > > these things and don't realise the greater outcome of shutting it
      > > down, can't defend it? Wake up and realise that testing is
      > something
      > > that is needed and using compuetrs for everything is not the
      answer
      > > as a computer can not feel, can you honestly say you would trust
      > what
      > > a computer tells you?
      > >
      > > DJ
      > >
      > > --- In therealpeta@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Have you been inside the facility DJ? Colleen
      > > >
      > > > nanookadenord <no_reply@y...> wrote: Colleen I am not as
      blind
      > > what goes on in there as you think! I
      > > > know what goes on in there and I still stand by my words and
      > > > actions! They help out human and non-human kind more then they
      > do
      > > > harm. Places like this are why we can call poison control, or
      > why
      > > > big comapanies who's chemicals HLS may test get shut down for
      > > > violations. They find medical cures for things, or at the very
      > > least
      > > > find a better pain medication for said disease. I feel that
      HLS
      > > does
      > > > a great service to human and animal alike because of these
      > reasons.
      > > > and like I said before and I will always say, things need to
      die
      > > for
      > > > others to survive, it is natures way and always will be.
      > > >
      > > > DJ

      > > > exactly what goes on in there. Then maybe we would all know the
      > > > truth. Colleen

      HLS
      > so
      > > > don't know for a fact what goes on
      > they
      > that
      > > > 95%
      > egaggerated ,since
      > > > the
      > > > that
      > > > test
      > > > benefit
      > cancer
      > > at
      > > for
      > > who
      > have
      > > > one
      > > years
      > him/her
      > > using
      > she
      > > > took
      > > save
      > and
      > > > am
      > need

      > > and
      > > her
      > > > wasn't
      > > about
      > > see
      > Kevin
      > > > and
      > fill
      > > > out
      > > > sac'ed
      > and
      > > > HLS!
      > SciencesDirections:-
      > > the
      > > ride

      Brunswick)
      > under
      > > > the
      Easton
      > > Ave.
      > Ave,
      > > minutes.
      > Herbery.
      > > > make

      > > > Service.

      > > hearts,
      > > > and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum

      > > Service.
      > > >

      > > > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our
      > hearts,
      > > and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum

      > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > Service.
      > >

      > > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our
      hearts,
      > and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum

      Service.

      > "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts,
      and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts, and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum

    • purrrrrshia
      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 18, 2002
        Maybe I don't understand Steph when it comes to disease. But they do
        have animal shelters that don't euthanize. I posted backwards, sorry.
        Colleen

        --- In therealpeta@y..., gangoror <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        >
        > This is wildife biology 101,I don't undertsand why you people just
        > can't "get it"? Is it too much Bambi and Boo Boo Bear in one's
        lives?

        > --- In therealpeta@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Once again, you speak of the animals pelt/fur. Humans do
        not
        > need animals pelts for warmth, etc. I'm done with this already, I
        > said my peace. It's all about the mighty dollar. The hell with the
        > animals, like always!! Colleen
        > >
        > > nanookadenord <no_reply@y...> wrote: I believe the reason is
        > because back when traps were invented they
        > > were using Muskets for hunting and a Musket ruins the pelt of the
        > > animal and in turn lowers the value of teh pelt and in most cases
        > > would hurt the trade that the hunter was trying to make. Still
        > today
        > > using the Shotgun still ruins teh pelt as far as I can see as you
        > use
        > > shot and shot spreads out and unlike a rifle that makes one hole,
        > > shot from a shotgun makes many holes therefor ruining the pelt
        > again
        > > and the value of the pelt. I'm not a trapper so I am not up on
        my
        > > trapping histaory, but it makes sense in a roundabout way!
        > >
        > > DJ
        > >

        > > --- In therealpeta@y..., Colleen Klaum <wildfawn1@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I'm still trying to figure out why traps were ever invented
        > in
        > > the first place. Colleen
        > > >
        > > > gangoror <no_reply@y...> wrote: I am really having trouble
        > trying
        > > to figure you all out,how is the
        > > > conibear trap brutal? It kills the animal VERY fast. I cannot
        > even
        > > > figure out why the steel jaw trap is so bad to you people.My
        cat
        > > had
        > > > a worse injury from some stupid tom cat attacking him than from
        > > > trap.More cats and dogs are hit by cars than ever got into a
        > steel
        > > > jaw trap,even during the fur boom,I have not seen any animal
        > > > advocacy groups trying to ban cars.
        > > >
        > > > As for the wildife,there is a surplus produced every year and
        xx
        > > > number die anyway.Sometimes they do not if feed is abundant,but
        > > when
        > > > this happenen a disease resevoir is created.When a disease does
        > > > surface,it runs through the animals like a wildfire.
        > > >
        > > > I am so pissed at the AR,that I am ready to go back to college
        > and
        > > > take wildife biology for 4 years and get a damn degree in it!
        > > >
        > > > Remember all of you,I was like you once,an animal advocate
        > type,but
        > > > I "got some fresh air",live in the country near nature,and have
        > > seen
        > > > things that are very ugly and make steel traps look quite
        > pretty.I
        > > > grew up in the frickin city!And I'm female!

        Needless
        > > a .22
        > > the
        > do

> [...]