No-Kill Shelter In Rhode Island

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2002
      No-Kill Shelter Plans

      As many of you know, we have always wanted to build a no-kill shelter. Of

      the many pets who are called in to us needing homes, some stay with the

      owners or with those who find them until we can locate a proper and

      compatible family. Boarding is very expensive. However, through the

      kindness and generosity of a longtime member and friend, we have the

      opportunity to put plans into place to build a no-kill shelter.

      Over 20 years ago, Defenders of Animals operated the East Providence Municipal Shelter under contract with the city. For the two and a half years that we were there, no healthy or treatable dogs or cats were euthanized.

      At the present time, there are two grant proposal writers working on grants, including matching funds that have already been acquired; however, we will need your help in securing land and obtaining Donations.

      Please call (401) 738-3710 if you would like to help!

      Dennis TabellaDefenders of Animals, Inc.

      "Live in peace with the animals. Animals bring love to our hearts, and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum