I posted pics but...

  • fishmax2
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2002
      These pics show skunks that were caught in a conibear trap, and were
      killed instantly, if you bother to look, you will see how these work
      and what they do in the picture.

      Steve

      P.S. trying to further educate
    • angrylioness
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2002
        You know good and well I will not look at those pictures. I don't
        find that to be an enjoyable experience. I have seen coons in
        conibears [although, at the time I didn't know what they called those
        traps]. I didn't like what I saw then either. It made my stomach
        [and heart] hurt. As far as my brother goes... I don't know if he
        has encountered any conibear traps. I would assume that he has, but
        as I said, I don't go around investigating the conflicts between the
        hunters and trappers where my brother is. I know how the traps work
        and I will continue to stand as I do, they're cruel as hell.

        --- In therealpeta@y..., "fishmax2" <fishmax2@y...> wrote:
        > These pics show skunks that were caught in a conibear trap, and
        were
        > killed instantly, if you bother to look, you will see how these
        work
        > and what they do in the picture.
        >
        > Steve
        >
        > P.S. trying to further educate
      • gangoror
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2002
          Why? They are not bad at all to view,or are you a tad closed minded?
          What was bad about the coons you saw? Mouths open? I have seen far
          worst expressions with roadkills.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2002
            <<Why? They are not bad at all to view,or are you a tad closed
            minded?>>

            No, I am not closed minded, at all. I find viewing pictures of dead
            animals disturbing.

            <<What was bad about the coons you saw? Mouths open? I have seen far
            worst expressions with roadkills.>>

            Their entire facial expression. The look in their eyes... the whole
            thing. And I look away when I pass a road kill, I don't go about
            viewing them either. It is painful for me, what part of that did you
            not understand?

            And yes, animals can make facial expressions. Of pain, joy,
            excitement, etc...