Re: Cow's Milk is the

  • jraeyre
    Message 1 of 6527 , Sep 18, 2001
      >So in a very real sense, many people have it
      backwards. "Sexy" activities like smoking,<br> drinking to
      excess, cocaine, stress, and MEAT><br><br>So eating
      meat is "sexy"?<br><br>What the study showed was that
      high cholesterol can contribute to erectile
      dysfunction, not that eating meat can cause impotence. I eat
      some meat and have a "dangerously" low cholesterol
      level. That is a quote from my Doctor. I guess then that
      people that eat all vegan have no erectile
      problems??<br><br>John
      Message 6527 of 6527 , Mar 23, 2002
        Ok, I'm sorry ... I just don't see what it is that this HSUS person
        said that is so stupid. The only part of your posting that deals with
        what she said is:

        "Sandy Rowland of HSUS said that best in show trophies, plaques or
        ribbons can be evidence of dog fighting, and that police should be on
        the lookout for dogs with scars, treadmills, springpoles, medications
        and medical equipment, and books or magazines dealing with dog
        fighting,"

        Evidently, in this person's experience, these things have been found in
        connection with people and dogs involved in dog fighting. It seems to
        me that she is trying to help police bust dog-fighting rings, which, in
        my book, is admirable.

        Do you have any idea what her background is or how much experience she
        has at busting dog-fighting rings? I would be glad to contact her
        personally, and find out. I think it would be nice if you found out
        exactly what qualifications and experience a person has before you call
        them an "idiot."

        You mentioned that you do rescue. Do you have also have experience in
        busting dog-fighting rings? And, if so, what have you found to be
        indications that a person is involved in dog fighting?

        The HSUS employs over 100 people, many of whom have advanced educations
        and years of experience working with and for the cause of animals. For
        you to make sweeping statements regarding their intelligence levels is
        ridiculous.