Re: Fur is DEAD

  • mapenneau
    Message 1 of 6527 , Aug 4, 1999
      I never said PETA sent then,but I brought it up
      to show just how far many of the members of the
      group go,no matter if you agree with what I do or how I
      live is this a reason for an adult to tell a 7 and 9
      year old that thay should be dead and there father
      should rot in hell????????<br><br>I am not saying that
      all PETA members are like this,but it is that kind
      that give all ARA's a bad name,just as it is the few
      people that call themselvs hunters and go out and spot
      light deer give us a bad name there are good and bad on
      both sides of this.<br><br>I do agree with some of the
      things that the AR groups are doing,but I do not think
      it is posibale or even a good thing to end all
      animal use.
      Message 6527 of 6527 , Mar 23, 2002
        Ok, I'm sorry ... I just don't see what it is that this HSUS person
        said that is so stupid. The only part of your posting that deals with
        what she said is:

        "Sandy Rowland of HSUS said that best in show trophies, plaques or
        ribbons can be evidence of dog fighting, and that police should be on
        the lookout for dogs with scars, treadmills, springpoles, medications
        and medical equipment, and books or magazines dealing with dog
        fighting,"

        Evidently, in this person's experience, these things have been found in
        connection with people and dogs involved in dog fighting. It seems to
        me that she is trying to help police bust dog-fighting rings, which, in
        my book, is admirable.

        Do you have any idea what her background is or how much experience she
        has at busting dog-fighting rings? I would be glad to contact her
        personally, and find out. I think it would be nice if you found out
        exactly what qualifications and experience a person has before you call
        them an "idiot."

        You mentioned that you do rescue. Do you have also have experience in
        busting dog-fighting rings? And, if so, what have you found to be
        indications that a person is involved in dog fighting?

        The HSUS employs over 100 people, many of whom have advanced educations
        and years of experience working with and for the cause of animals. For
        you to make sweeping statements regarding their intelligence levels is
        ridiculous.