Re: Hoof and mouth disease...

  • jraeyre
    Message 1 of 6527 , Apr 6, 2001
      Let me get this straight....you would wish a
      hideous and painful disease on animals to show the public
      the plight they have on farms??? This disease strikes
      all hoofed animals regardless of what size farm they
      are on. Family farm animals are going to have to go
      through this painful disease too. Do you know anything
      about this disease that didn't come from the
      Agricultural experts at NPR?? <br>This is the kind of thinking
      from the animal rights groups that defies anybodies
      logic. I want to avoid this disease coming here because
      I love my animals and don't like to see them in
      pain. Nobody farms for the money. We could all make a
      lot more money doing other things.<br>Do me a favor
      and listen to NPR and see if they can give you a
      definition of factory farm as opposed to family farm. I
      would love to hear that one.
      Message 6527 of 6527 , Mar 23, 2002
        Ok, I'm sorry ... I just don't see what it is that this HSUS person
        said that is so stupid. The only part of your posting that deals with
        what she said is:

        "Sandy Rowland of HSUS said that best in show trophies, plaques or
        ribbons can be evidence of dog fighting, and that police should be on
        the lookout for dogs with scars, treadmills, springpoles, medications
        and medical equipment, and books or magazines dealing with dog
        fighting,"

        Evidently, in this person's experience, these things have been found in
        connection with people and dogs involved in dog fighting. It seems to
        me that she is trying to help police bust dog-fighting rings, which, in
        my book, is admirable.

        Do you have any idea what her background is or how much experience she
        has at busting dog-fighting rings? I would be glad to contact her
        personally, and find out. I think it would be nice if you found out
        exactly what qualifications and experience a person has before you call
        them an "idiot."

        You mentioned that you do rescue. Do you have also have experience in
        busting dog-fighting rings? And, if so, what have you found to be
        indications that a person is involved in dog fighting?

        The HSUS employs over 100 people, many of whom have advanced educations
        and years of experience working with and for the cause of animals. For
        you to make sweeping statements regarding their intelligence levels is
        ridiculous.