uh-huh

  • erica_is_a_QT
    Message 1 of 6527 , Aug 2, 1999
      so shame on you for letting people trap animals
      on your farm! Just because you don't see anything as
      a victory (although I must say Mitch, I believe you
      are lying because you know we've made progress)
      doesn't mean it isn't. I agree that some of PETA's
      positions are too strong-but I do agree with their stance
      on animal testing and fur. I don't think it's right
      to wear a dead animal over your shoulders or on your
      back. Just because it is 'coming back' does not mean
      it's right.<br> I'm glad you take in strays, my last
      post I hope never illuded that I didn't think u cared
      about animals. We're not going to kick you out of the
      club just because of what you believe or how we feel
      about you; you are entitled to your opinions as are we.
      Message 6527 of 6527 , Mar 23, 2002
        Ok, I'm sorry ... I just don't see what it is that this HSUS person
        said that is so stupid. The only part of your posting that deals with
        what she said is:

        "Sandy Rowland of HSUS said that best in show trophies, plaques or
        ribbons can be evidence of dog fighting, and that police should be on
        the lookout for dogs with scars, treadmills, springpoles, medications
        and medical equipment, and books or magazines dealing with dog
        fighting,"

        Evidently, in this person's experience, these things have been found in
        connection with people and dogs involved in dog fighting. It seems to
        me that she is trying to help police bust dog-fighting rings, which, in
        my book, is admirable.

        Do you have any idea what her background is or how much experience she
        has at busting dog-fighting rings? I would be glad to contact her
        personally, and find out. I think it would be nice if you found out
        exactly what qualifications and experience a person has before you call
        them an "idiot."

        You mentioned that you do rescue. Do you have also have experience in
        busting dog-fighting rings? And, if so, what have you found to be
        indications that a person is involved in dog fighting?

        The HSUS employs over 100 people, many of whom have advanced educations
        and years of experience working with and for the cause of animals. For
        you to make sweeping statements regarding their intelligence levels is
        ridiculous.