treatment of animals

  • n485ww
    Message 1 of 6527 , Sep 2, 2000
      I am not a member of peta and never have been. I
      do however believe that something does need to be
      done abot some of the animal cruelty in our world. I
      do not and never will support pete because of things
      in the past. I am not a vegetarian. I do hunt and I
      hunt with my kids. I am not trying to evoke a fight I
      am looking for info. I wiil leave your club after
      this disscusion I do believe if anyone believes in
      there cause they should stand up for it.There was a
      mess posted in a hunting club stating that eating
      hunted animals or any animals that were frightened when
      they died was bad for cunsumpion due to addrenaline
      and i would like to know about this, but I must have
      proof. I know alot of farmers and hunters and most of
      them are against animal cruelty and believe strongly
      that we need to stop animal testing, circus,pet abuse,
      abuse on the farm.There are many more I wish there was
      a way that we could put our diff aside to put a
      stop to these things but every time i talk to annyone
      I am brushed off because I hunt.Most of us would
      gladly help stop animal abuse but can not join
      organizations to do so because of there other and hidden
      agendas.
      Message 6527 of 6527 , Mar 23 6:05 PM
        Ok, I'm sorry ... I just don't see what it is that this HSUS person
        said that is so stupid. The only part of your posting that deals with
        what she said is:

        "Sandy Rowland of HSUS said that best in show trophies, plaques or
        ribbons can be evidence of dog fighting, and that police should be on
        the lookout for dogs with scars, treadmills, springpoles, medications
        and medical equipment, and books or magazines dealing with dog
        fighting,"

        Evidently, in this person's experience, these things have been found in
        connection with people and dogs involved in dog fighting. It seems to
        me that she is trying to help police bust dog-fighting rings, which, in
        my book, is admirable.

        Do you have any idea what her background is or how much experience she
        has at busting dog-fighting rings? I would be glad to contact her
        personally, and find out. I think it would be nice if you found out
        exactly what qualifications and experience a person has before you call
        them an "idiot."

        You mentioned that you do rescue. Do you have also have experience in
        busting dog-fighting rings? And, if so, what have you found to be
        indications that a person is involved in dog fighting?

        The HSUS employs over 100 people, many of whom have advanced educations
        and years of experience working with and for the cause of animals. For
        you to make sweeping statements regarding their intelligence levels is
        ridiculous.