Re: [The REAL PETA] Snakes!

  • Matt Ellerbeck
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 15, 2007
      I'm sure the solders, as with most people that have a fear and/or a lack of understanding of snakes, tend to be overly sensationalistic and exaggerate the effects of venom. No snake could kill you within seconds. Furthermore there is no snake called the 'One Step, Two Step.' If you have heard of one its because it has become a localized common name. Such is the case with people asking me about Missisaga Rattlesnakes at my presentations, another snake that does not exist. As far as stating, 'it comes from the jungle', there are countless numbers of snake species from a wide array of families found in jungles. These would vary depending on where in the world you are. Even so, none of them have a snake that can kill you within seconds. Lastly, any authority or snake expert in the world,which I am certain knows more about snakes then you, especially since many of are around snakes every day, will tell you that venomous snakes will attack you or strike unprovoked. If you are
      careful and aware when out in natural areas then it is almost impossible to be bitten. If you encounter a snake, all you have to do is stay calm, and walk around them. You do not need to kill them. The fact that you do shows that you are only one of many people who are engaging in animal cruelty that they think is justifiable. This is because the animal in question could be potentially dangerous.

      BEN MILLER <benhmiller@...> wrote: if you read the post it said in the jungle. I was told it was called onestep onestep you are ddead. Are you familiar with snakes in Nam! This where I heard it is. Source is from soldiers that was over there relayied to other service men. Oh by the way I never said I was an authority on them I just kill the posion ones when I run across them. Also move the non posion snake off the road so they don't get runned over. It the so called experts who think they are not dangerous. I don't got sneaking around I use lots of noise and if they are still there or come my way then its open season on them. Save the non posion snakes it should be but their time is limited too.
      Ben
      Ca

      Matt Ellerbeck <savethesnakes101@...> wrote:
      Dead in seconds? I would like you to prove this! What is your source? I work with snakes all the time, I have been recognized by the local conservation authority. I think I thus know somethings about snakes. What makes you such an authority?

      BEN MILLER <benhmiller@...> wrote: it not that I am afraid or them but we do have the means and the right to protect humans from them. They have posion snakes in the orient once bitten you are dead in seconds. They bite ithout warning you just need to walk by one. We should worry about them? I don't! Lets face there time is limited and not from people hunting them down any road claims more of their lives then any other source combined. Other preditors are being pushed into smaller and smaller areas. Suburbs are encroaching in the areas bring well feed preditors with them eating up their food supply. I am against repopulating areas where they are near extinction.
      Ben

      nanookadenord <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      So what your saying is we should kill off a species just because
      people could get hurt by them?

      Then maybe we should live without all animals then?

      I'm sorry Ben, but killing off the venomous snakes because your afraid
      of them isn't the answer.

      --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, BEN MILLER <benhmiller@...> wrote:

      > nanookadenord <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > As for Ireland... I'm not sure why they do well without snakes, but
      > there must be another predator that does it's job.
      > Exactly with evolution when one preditor is gone another takes its
      place. So your aurguement we need them is false. Things become extint
      and is the natural order of life. Animals become extint because either
      food supplies die off or something kills them off. We the world have a
      long history of extint animals both preditor and non preditor. The
      buffalo was almost extint by over hunting but we have cattle, sheep
      and goats that take there place and easier to control then the wild
      buffalo. Where cities are built the bobcat, coyotes and posion and non
      posion snakes have been wiped out and replaced by us house cats ansd
      some snall dogs kill rodents. So the theroy of needing them has been
      proven to be wrong. Humans are the ultimate preditor and will find
      ways of controling everything one way or the other. This is fact. We
      have done it all over the world and the only preditor man has really
      to fear is himself.
      > Ben
      > Ca
      >

      > Recent Activity
      >
      > 3
      > New Members
      >
      > Visit Your Group
      > Yahoo! TV
      > Staying in tonight?
      > Check listings to
      > see what is on.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > Real Food Group
      > Share recipes
      > and favorite meals.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups HD
      > The official Samsung
      > Y! Group for HDTVs
      > and devices.
      >

      > .

    • nanookadenord
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 15, 2007
        First of all there are no poisonous snakes, only venomous, lets put
        that to rest.

        Second, your right, dogs are not venomous, but they kill anyway and
        they kill more people then do venomous snakes in this country. For a
        non-venomous animal, that's a pretty high number.

        Since you are so into killing venomous snakes, you are a hypocrite if
        you don't kill dogs as well, since they pose a greater risk to humans
        then do venomous snakes.

        Sometimes I feel as if I am on the wrong side being against the ARs,
        especially in regards to stuff like this.