PETA: We Only Endorse OUR Killing Squads

  • nanookadenord
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      Center for Consumer Freedom Daily News

      This email was sent to you by the Center for Consumer Freedom. To ensure
      delivery to your inbox, please add info@... to your address
      book.

      August 3, 2006

      PETA: We Only Endorse OUR Killing Squads

      While the Chinese government has done far worse things in the last
      sixty years, this latest incident is notable both for its brutality
      and for the
      positively ironic response by the animal-rights activists at People
      for the
      Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). The Associated Press reports that
      starting
      last week, the government of China killed 50,000 dogs to control a rabies
      outbreak.

      Hearing nary a peep from PETA about the Chinese government's
      regular, hideous abuses of its human animals' rights, we're now
      treated to a
      sudden dose of concern from these animal-rights activists:

      The killings prompted calls for a boycott of Chinese products from
      the activist group People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
      "We are urging everyone to actively boycott -- not a word we use
      lightly -- anything from China given the bludgeoning killing of
      thousands of
      dogs," PETA President Ingrid Newkirk said.
      That's a brave thing for Newkirk to say, especially considering that
      PETA has killed over 14,000 animals since 1998. As we've reported
      before, two
      PETA employees are currently facing trial on charges that they illegally
      euthanized cats and dogs in the back of a van, including kittens they
      took from
      a veterinarian with the promise to deliver them to a good home. Taking
      a page
      from Newkirk's playbook, we are urging everyone to actively boycott --
      not a
      word we use lightly -- anything from PETA given the hypocritical
      killing of
      thousands of dogs and cats.

      Copyright © 2006 Center for Consumer Freedom. All Rights Reserved.
      P.O. Box 27414 | Washington, DC 20038 | Tel: 202-463-7112 |
      info@...
    • BEN MILLER
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        Yes that is how I feel they have the sweat shops there
        people living in poverty working ther with little
        concern to age and health. Then PETA says boycott for
        killing thousands of dogs that may carry a disease
        that can kill people. Will the method and lack of
        preventative measure to control such a terrible
        disease PETA was doing business with this country who
        routinely runs people over with tanks, or shoots
        protesters. Why PETA does not go over there and stag a
        protest and then they can see the way people are
        treated over there and will see why they did this to
        the dogs. I read the artical on another list. Even if
        you can buy things cheaper from china it only last a
        short time when evewn if you paid 3 rimes the price
        for something like a tool it will last 20 years or
        better for the higher price and save by doing so.
        Ben
        Ca

        http://mail.yahoo.com