Re: Side tracked

  • clintonhater2000
    Message 1 of 6527 , Jul 1 12:13 AM
      As for the lion and the lamb, you sounded pretty
      close minded in your asking of the question so I
      decided not to respond. The cool thing about parables is
      that people can pull as much or as little as they wish
      from them. If you want to look at it only skin deep
      and interpret it that way then OK. That is what it
      means to you. Lions and sheep living together in
      harmony. Others want to see it as a fable using the
      animals as metophorical representations of man. The cool
      part is that no one is wrong. The only person who can
      honestly disagree with you is the author and he is LONG
      GONE. Whatever your iterpretation is, it is for you to
      use to enrich your life. I am rambling aren't I?
      Well, that's OK because it is 3:12am and I have the
      right.
      Message 6527 of 6527 , Mar 23, 2002
        Ok, I'm sorry ... I just don't see what it is that this HSUS person
        said that is so stupid. The only part of your posting that deals with
        what she said is:

        "Sandy Rowland of HSUS said that best in show trophies, plaques or
        ribbons can be evidence of dog fighting, and that police should be on
        the lookout for dogs with scars, treadmills, springpoles, medications
        and medical equipment, and books or magazines dealing with dog
        fighting,"

        Evidently, in this person's experience, these things have been found in
        connection with people and dogs involved in dog fighting. It seems to
        me that she is trying to help police bust dog-fighting rings, which, in
        my book, is admirable.

        Do you have any idea what her background is or how much experience she
        has at busting dog-fighting rings? I would be glad to contact her
        personally, and find out. I think it would be nice if you found out
        exactly what qualifications and experience a person has before you call
        them an "idiot."

        You mentioned that you do rescue. Do you have also have experience in
        busting dog-fighting rings? And, if so, what have you found to be
        indications that a person is involved in dog fighting?

        The HSUS employs over 100 people, many of whom have advanced educations
        and years of experience working with and for the cause of animals. For
        you to make sweeping statements regarding their intelligence levels is
        ridiculous.