new website: smuggled orangutans

  • Michelle Desilets
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2006
      Dear Friends of the Orangutan,

      A new website has been developed which focuses on the illegal trade of orangutans, and what you can do about it.

      If you have been following the campaign to repatriate back to Indonesia those orangutans illegally imported into Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, amongst others, I urge you to check out this new web site www.born-to-be-wild.org

      Wherever you see a request on the site to help with emails - please could you do so? It is only because of this kind of support that 48 orangutans will soon be returned to Indonesia, but we still have many more to rescue.

      Addtionally, you will find on the site the new pre-addressed postcards for the campaign to repatriate orangutans in Cambodia and Malaysia. Hard copies are available from the BOS UK office. Please send an email telling us how many you require and we will send them to you as soon as possible. We hope that you will send them off to the recipients as a matter of great urgency?

      These orangutans cannot help themselves - they are dependent on us to help them. The web site will remove any doubt or uncertainty you may have about the gravity and urgency of the situation.

      Many thanks,

      Michelle Desilets
      Director
      Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation UK