Petsmart and Wal-Mart must be boycotted

  • Bonnie Monaghan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2006
      I cant believe I am just finding out about this. I have known that
      Petsmart helps homeless animals get adopted and therefore felt they
      were the better choice to shop compared with PetCo, but someone
      recently brought to my attention their abuse of Betta fish as being
      even worse than Wal-Mart's (if thats possible), and I witnessed it
      firsthand tonight, and they were right, it is inexcusable.

      I was horrified to see that alothough I thought it wasn't possible,
      Petsmart has CREATED a container EVEN SMALLER than the one Wal-Mart
      uses in their torturous confinement of Bettas.

      PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD THAT PETSMART, AS WELL AS WAL-MART, IS IN THE
      BUSINESS OF TORTURING BETTA FISH. Please remind activists that fish
      need our help too, and the abuse of Betta fish is becoming very
      widespread. Please boycott both stores. Below is contact information
      for PetSmart and Wal-Mart. Please tell both stores you will not shop
      there anymore until they STOP seliing Betta fish in such small
      containers.

      ANYONE WHO VISITS A PETSMART OR WAL-MART STORE AND HAS A CAMARA AND
      IS ABLE TO PHOTOGRAPH THE BETTAS, PLEASE SEND ME THE PHOTOS YOU
      TAKE, AT NJCARMOD@.... DONT FORGET TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL
      ANIMAL CRUELTY INVESTAGATOR, AND TELL THEM, FISH COULD TOO. THANKS

      PETSMART EMAIL... cs@..., storehelp@...
      (888) 839-9638, (800) 738-1385 ext. 2518

      PetSmart.com
      1989 Transit Way
      PO Box 910
      Brockport, NY 14420

      PetSmart, Inc.
      Attn: Customer Service
      19601 North 27th Ave.
      Phoenix, AZ 85027

      WAL-MART FEEDBACK FORM
      http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=221
      1-800-WAL-MART
    • BEN MILLER
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2006
        Bonnie how long have you studied fish? Do you know the
        beta breath air from the air? So does not need as much
        water to survive as other fish. They do need water
        changes and maybe we should boycott the water
        treatment plants for useing chemcals in the water
        which kills fish. Betas have been kept in small bowls
        for display to show off their colors better. You can't
        have more then one male in a tank at one time because
        they will fight is why they are also called siamese
        fighting fish. In some parts of the world this is a
        sport much like cock fighting or dog fighting. Maybe
        we need to banthis fish because of this.
        Ben
        Ca

        http://mail.yahoo.com