Fw: [AnimalsInNeed] Fw: DEN Alert: Arctic Refuge Showdown in Senate

  • Cynthia Hendrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2005
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Mary Alice <moonflower.uk@...>
      To: ANIMALS ADVOCATES <animalsadvocates@yahoogroups.com>,
      AnimalsInNeed@yahoogroups.com, Barbara & Mike's Cat Lover's Site
      Subject: [AnimalsInNeed] Fw: DEN Alert: Arctic Refuge Showdown in
      Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:23:49 -0000

      DENlines Alert
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Defenders of Wildlife
      To: Mary Alice Pollard
      Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 8:12 PM
      Subject: DEN Alert: Arctic Refuge Showdown in Senate
      Arctic Refuge Showdown in U.S. Senate
      Dear Mary Alice Pollard:
      The future of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge was put in jeopardy
      last week. Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH), Chairman of the Senate Budget
      Committee, included a controversial provision to drill in the Refuge in
      the Senate version of the budget bill. We are extremely disappointed by
      Senator Gregg's irresponsible and destructive decision to use the budget
      process to open the Refuge to drilling.
      Today, Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) will introduce an amendment to
      remove the Arctic drilling provision from the budget. Please take action
      now! Call your Senators and urge them to support the Cantwell amendment.
      Using the budget to open the Arctic Refuge is an underhanded tactic to
      avoid democratic debate on this critical issue, and Sen. Cantwell's
      amendment will prevent such budget trickery.
      There is no time to waste - we expect the vote on Senator Cantwell's
      amendment as early as TOMORROW. Please call your Senators today and urge
      them to support the Cantwell amendment to strike Arctic drilling from
      the Senate budget bill. You can find their phone numbers by clicking on
      the link below.
      Please call your Senators today to help ensure that this sneak attack on
      our wildlife and one of America's last great expanses of wilderness
      fails. We expect this vote to come up tomorrow or Wednesday, so there is
      no time to waste - please call today.
      Thank you for all that you do!
      Robert Dewey,
      Vice President, Government Relations and External Affairs
      For more information, please visit http://www.SaveArcticRefuge.org
      Defenders of Wildlife is a leading national conservation organization
      recognized as one of the nation's most progressive advocates for
      wildlife and habitat and known for its effective leadership on saving
      endangered species such as brown bears and gray wolves. Defenders
      advocates new approaches to wildlife conservation that protect species
      before they become endangered. Founded in 1947, Defenders is a nonprofit
      501(c)(3) organization with more than 475,000 members and supporters.
      Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE. If you don't have web access, send a separate
      e-mail to Denlines@... and put the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the
      subject line.
      Copyright Defenders of Wildlife 2005
      Post message: AnimalsInNeed@yahoogroups.com