Re: punishement for corprate animal abusers petition

  • trekie7of92000
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
      KFC named them as their 'supplier of the year'. Evidently to come to
      this conclusion they must of known what happened there. Just shows
      how sick they are, dosn't it.
    • nanookadenord
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
        How do we know that this isn't the first time they have seen such
        action by this company? Just because you have seen it once doesn't
        mean that it happens all the time... this could have been an isolated
        incident. This is one of the problems with you AR, it's not innocent
        until proven guilty... it's guilty until proven innocent which isn't
        how our legal system runs. I'm stand by my initial post... you can't
        blaem KFC for this, but you are an AR and any kind of meat company
        you can drag down you will even if they are innocent!

        --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, trekie7of92000 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > KFC named them as their 'supplier of the year'. Evidently to come
        > this conclusion they must of known what happened there. Just shows
        > how sick they are, dosn't it.
      • trekie7of92000
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
          The way our legal system works is that co-conspirators are as guilty
          as the main defendant. KFC contracted pilgrims pride to supply them,
          and as such are legally responsible for the 'products' being
          supplied to them and the actions taken to 'manufacture'
          this 'product'.

          And by the way, have you actually seen the PETA video.
        • nanookadenord
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
            I seen what was shown on the local news actually. I will not watch a
            PETA video because they are known to doctor videos so that they show
            what they want them to show. What I was able to see on the video
            shown by the news is some sort of a dark shape that you can't even
            tell if it is a chicken or not. It could be a rubber chicken for all
            I know. I am believing that it is a chicken to give the claim the
            benefit of the doubt.
            You are right that our justice system also finds co-conspirators as
            guilty as teh main defendant, but I don't see KFC as being guilty.
            Unless they are there to monitor the plant 24/7 they would never know
            if this happens or not. Has it been proven that this has happened
            before there and if so how often does it happen? If KFC does
            inspections it good very well be a day where this kind of stuff
            didn't happen. KFC would never know if it did or it didn't. Also to
            be considered a co-conspirator the defendant would also have to have
            conspired to abuse those chickens...sorry, but I don't think KFC goes
            around thinking that it will kick a chicken today. They in my opinion
            can not be held accountable.
            If you haven't been able to tell from my posts to you or previous
            posts that I am not a AR, then know now that I am not. I am against
            animal rights. As I am against orginization such as PETA and HSUS.
            You do know their goal is to end all animal use including animals as
            pets (companions to them) right? I am fighting tooth and now at this
            point to keep my Boa Constrictor that I have had for over 10 years at
            which point she was 3 weeks old and 23" long. Now she is over 9' 6"
            and doing great here. There is legislation in NY taking away my
            Reptiles because of Organizations like HSUS and PETA as well as AR
            people. These groups lie to push their agendas, which is to erode
            away the rights to keep animals as pets. They also want a "no birth"
            nation to make the animals we call pets today extinct. To hide this
            agenda they call it overpopulation and Spay/Neutering programs. They
            want all pets spayed or neutered, even the animals that are bred by
            responsible breeders.
            Are you in agreement with this type of thinking?

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
              Nanook said: "I seen what was shown on the local news actually."

              No, you SAW it.

              Nanook said: "What I was able to see on the video shown by the news
              is some sort of a dark shape that you can't even tell if it is a
              chicken or not. It could be a rubber chicken for all I know. I am
              believing that it is a chicken to give the claim the benefit of the
              doubt."

              It was a chicken, and if you would watch the video, you would see
              that it is a chicken. Ignorance is not an excuse, but you seem to
              like to use it often. The NAIA is not refuting the legitimacy of the
              tapes, nor is KFC or Pilgrims Pride. Some of the perpetrators have
              been disciplined.

              Nanook said, "You are right that our justice system also finds co-
              conspirators as guilty as teh main defendant, but I don't see KFC as
              being guilty. Unless they are there to monitor the plant 24/7 they
              would never know if this happens or not.

              Fortunately, our legal system is not built around your opinions.
              Tell me, do you think that if Levi's purchases clothing from a
              company that uses (or abuses) child labor in El Salvador, Levi's is
              not accountable for the abuses that the children endure? If not,
              what is the incentive for Levi's NOT to purchase from such a company?

              Nanook said, "Has it been proven that this has happened before there
              and if so how often does it happen? If KFC does inspections it good
              very well be a day where this kind of stuff didn't happen. KFC would
              never know if it did or it didn't."

              The abuses were documented over a period of 8 months. Again, the
              NAIA, KFC and Pilgrims Pride are not refuting that it happened
              repeatedly during this 8 month period.

              "I am fighting tooth and now at this point to keep my Boa
              Constrictor that I have had for over 10 years at which point she was
              3 weeks old and 23" long. Now she is over 9' 6" and doing great
              here."

              Doing great like the two indoor dogs you now have chained outside
              24/7? Is your boa chained outdoors, too?

              Nanook said, "They also want a "no birth" nation to make the animals
              we call pets today extinct. To hide this agenda they call it
              overpopulation and Spay/Neutering programs."

              See, Nanook here refuses to accept the fact that there IS an
              overpopulation problem because it makes it easier for him to be
              paranoid about the "end of breeding." It makes no difference to him
              that 7 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters
              across the country -- 40,000 in the Kansas City area where I live.
              Many of these are healthy puppies and kittens. I get calls about
              them every day. And, what he refuses to acknowledge is that these
              spay/neuter programs are NOT targeted toward responsible breeders.
              They are targeted toward people who have pets and cannot afford to
              take care of any more pets.
            • nanookadenord
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 4, 2004
                You continue to refuse the fact that your precious AR friends are
                trying to end humans keeping animals as pets. Go to http://saova.org/
                and see for yourself. "What is the Animal Rightist Threat?
                "Animal Rights" proponents seek to restrict use and ownership of
                animals, including hunting and fishing, pet and livestock ownership,
                circuses, rodeos and medical research. Their ultimate goals are the
                extinction of all domestic animals, the conversion to vegan or
                vegetarian diets and the abolition of hunting and fishing. They
                pursue this radical agenda through a wide variety of legal and
                illegal means, but concentrate on passing legislation that appears to
                address animal welfare. In reality, however, such legislation goes
                far beyond its superficial intent, placing severe restrictions on the
                rights of law-abiding animal owners and sportsmen." That is right off
                the front page of their site. It seems I am not paranoid afterall.
                There other anti-AR site as well... do a search for them and you will
                see the same things I do. AR's want a "no birth" nation... what do
                you think that means? You have seen the quotes that I have posted
                before... what about those? Do you simply just brush them off? If all
                the pets are gone what will you do then since you are a Vet? We just
                receieved a packet from the HSUS yesterday and I think according to
                them only 4 million animals a year not 7. Plus if there was such a
                problem why are shelters inporting dogs from other countries? Seems
                to me that they don't have enough animals in the shelters. I'm sorry,
                but to me if they are importing animals from other countries there
                must not be that much of a problem. HSUS and PETA and other AR types
                can bolster the numbers all they want and make it seem there is a
                problem, but the truth will get out there on thier lies and deception.

                As for my 2 dogs that is my business, and as I have said before, they
                are my dogs and are happy as can be. No my snake isn't chained up
                outside, she lives in her enclosure upstairs in my bedroom. So how do
                you feel about what I said they are trying to do with exotics in my
                state?

                --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, september_rain_33f