Re: punishement for corprate animal abusers petition

  • nanookadenord
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2004
      How so? They can't forsee that people will do this, so how can you
      view them as being responsible? They took the proper recourse after
      it happened, they can not see into the future and it can happen
      anywhere. As I said go after the people who did the actual action.

      --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, trekie7of92000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:

      > > You do realize that the slaughter house in question is not
      > operated
      > > by KFC right? They contract this place to provide them with the
      > > chickens. If you want to go after anyone go after the ones that
      > did
      > > the stomping.
      >
      > I do indeed realise that it is operated by a company
      > called 'pilgrims pride' (also named in the petition), however i
      > would view KFC as also being responsible for these actions since
      > they were the ones who contracted them
    • trekie7of92000
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
        KFC named them as their 'supplier of the year'. Evidently to come to
        this conclusion they must of known what happened there. Just shows
        how sick they are, dosn't it.
      • nanookadenord
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2004
          How do we know that this isn't the first time they have seen such
          action by this company? Just because you have seen it once doesn't
          mean that it happens all the time... this could have been an isolated
          incident. This is one of the problems with you AR, it's not innocent
          until proven guilty... it's guilty until proven innocent which isn't
          how our legal system runs. I'm stand by my initial post... you can't
          blaem KFC for this, but you are an AR and any kind of meat company
          you can drag down you will even if they are innocent!

          wrote:
          > KFC named them as their 'supplier of the year'. Evidently to come
          > this conclusion they must of known what happened there. Just shows
          > how sick they are, dosn't it.
        • trekie7of92000
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
            The way our legal system works is that co-conspirators are as guilty
            as the main defendant. KFC contracted pilgrims pride to supply them,
            and as such are legally responsible for the 'products' being
            supplied to them and the actions taken to 'manufacture'
            this 'product'.

            And by the way, have you actually seen the PETA video.
          • nanookadenord
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
              I seen what was shown on the local news actually. I will not watch a
              PETA video because they are known to doctor videos so that they show
              what they want them to show. What I was able to see on the video
              shown by the news is some sort of a dark shape that you can't even
              tell if it is a chicken or not. It could be a rubber chicken for all
              I know. I am believing that it is a chicken to give the claim the
              benefit of the doubt.
              You are right that our justice system also finds co-conspirators as
              guilty as teh main defendant, but I don't see KFC as being guilty.
              Unless they are there to monitor the plant 24/7 they would never know
              if this happens or not. Has it been proven that this has happened
              before there and if so how often does it happen? If KFC does
              inspections it good very well be a day where this kind of stuff
              didn't happen. KFC would never know if it did or it didn't. Also to
              be considered a co-conspirator the defendant would also have to have
              conspired to abuse those chickens...sorry, but I don't think KFC goes
              around thinking that it will kick a chicken today. They in my opinion
              can not be held accountable.
              If you haven't been able to tell from my posts to you or previous
              posts that I am not a AR, then know now that I am not. I am against
              animal rights. As I am against orginization such as PETA and HSUS.
              You do know their goal is to end all animal use including animals as
              pets (companions to them) right? I am fighting tooth and now at this
              point to keep my Boa Constrictor that I have had for over 10 years at
              which point she was 3 weeks old and 23" long. Now she is over 9' 6"
              and doing great here. There is legislation in NY taking away my
              Reptiles because of Organizations like HSUS and PETA as well as AR
              people. These groups lie to push their agendas, which is to erode
              away the rights to keep animals as pets. They also want a "no birth"
              nation to make the animals we call pets today extinct. To hide this
              agenda they call it overpopulation and Spay/Neutering programs. They
              want all pets spayed or neutered, even the animals that are bred by
              responsible breeders.
              Are you in agreement with this type of thinking?

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
                Nanook said: "I seen what was shown on the local news actually."

                No, you SAW it.

                Nanook said: "What I was able to see on the video shown by the news
                is some sort of a dark shape that you can't even tell if it is a
                chicken or not. It could be a rubber chicken for all I know. I am
                believing that it is a chicken to give the claim the benefit of the
                doubt."

                It was a chicken, and if you would watch the video, you would see
                that it is a chicken. Ignorance is not an excuse, but you seem to
                like to use it often. The NAIA is not refuting the legitimacy of the
                tapes, nor is KFC or Pilgrims Pride. Some of the perpetrators have
                been disciplined.

                Nanook said, "You are right that our justice system also finds co-
                conspirators as guilty as teh main defendant, but I don't see KFC as
                being guilty. Unless they are there to monitor the plant 24/7 they
                would never know if this happens or not.

                Fortunately, our legal system is not built around your opinions.
                Tell me, do you think that if Levi's purchases clothing from a
                company that uses (or abuses) child labor in El Salvador, Levi's is
                not accountable for the abuses that the children endure? If not,
                what is the incentive for Levi's NOT to purchase from such a company?

                Nanook said, "Has it been proven that this has happened before there
                and if so how often does it happen? If KFC does inspections it good
                very well be a day where this kind of stuff didn't happen. KFC would
                never know if it did or it didn't."

                The abuses were documented over a period of 8 months. Again, the
                NAIA, KFC and Pilgrims Pride are not refuting that it happened
                repeatedly during this 8 month period.

                "I am fighting tooth and now at this point to keep my Boa
                Constrictor that I have had for over 10 years at which point she was
                3 weeks old and 23" long. Now she is over 9' 6" and doing great
                here."

                Doing great like the two indoor dogs you now have chained outside
                24/7? Is your boa chained outdoors, too?

                Nanook said, "They also want a "no birth" nation to make the animals
                we call pets today extinct. To hide this agenda they call it
                overpopulation and Spay/Neutering programs."

                See, Nanook here refuses to accept the fact that there IS an
                overpopulation problem because it makes it easier for him to be
                paranoid about the "end of breeding." It makes no difference to him
                that 7 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters
                across the country -- 40,000 in the Kansas City area where I live.
                Many of these are healthy puppies and kittens. I get calls about
                them every day. And, what he refuses to acknowledge is that these
                spay/neuter programs are NOT targeted toward responsible breeders.
                They are targeted toward people who have pets and cannot afford to
                take care of any more pets.
              • nanookadenord
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 4, 2004
                  You continue to refuse the fact that your precious AR friends are
                  trying to end humans keeping animals as pets. Go to http://saova.org/
                  and see for yourself. "What is the Animal Rightist Threat?
                  "Animal Rights" proponents seek to restrict use and ownership of
                  animals, including hunting and fishing, pet and livestock ownership,
                  circuses, rodeos and medical research. Their ultimate goals are the
                  extinction of all domestic animals, the conversion to vegan or
                  vegetarian diets and the abolition of hunting and fishing. They
                  pursue this radical agenda through a wide variety of legal and
                  illegal means, but concentrate on passing legislation that appears to
                  address animal welfare. In reality, however, such legislation goes
                  far beyond its superficial intent, placing severe restrictions on the
                  rights of law-abiding animal owners and sportsmen." That is right off
                  the front page of their site. It seems I am not paranoid afterall.
                  There other anti-AR site as well... do a search for them and you will
                  see the same things I do. AR's want a "no birth" nation... what do
                  you think that means? You have seen the quotes that I have posted
                  before... what about those? Do you simply just brush them off? If all
                  the pets are gone what will you do then since you are a Vet? We just
                  receieved a packet from the HSUS yesterday and I think according to
                  them only 4 million animals a year not 7. Plus if there was such a
                  problem why are shelters inporting dogs from other countries? Seems
                  to me that they don't have enough animals in the shelters. I'm sorry,
                  but to me if they are importing animals from other countries there
                  must not be that much of a problem. HSUS and PETA and other AR types
                  can bolster the numbers all they want and make it seem there is a
                  problem, but the truth will get out there on thier lies and deception.

                  As for my 2 dogs that is my business, and as I have said before, they
                  are my dogs and are happy as can be. No my snake isn't chained up
                  outside, she lives in her enclosure upstairs in my bedroom. So how do
                  you feel about what I said they are trying to do with exotics in my
                  state?

                  --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, september_rain_33f