[The REAL PETA] Re: Teen Ties Dog To Sign: Shoots In Snout; Bullet Still Lodged In Neck!

  • nanookadenord
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
      Nice! I have 2 Leopaed Geckos, 1 Ball Python, 1 91/2 Foot Boa, a
      Veiled Chameleon and a Mexican Orange Knee Tarantula. I also have
      your normal everyday furry typed animals as well. Ferrets, Dogs, Cats
      and even a Pot Belly Pig. I live on one acre of ground and will be
      getting up to 200 acres in a few years so I will be adding horses at
      that time.

      DJ

      --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, "Pam Thompson" <pams@n...> wrote:
      > I have a Leapord Gecko and a Black Rat snake who I found on the
      road. I was going to release him but it is a good thing I didn't, at
      over a year old he still lacks the common sense to kill or even coil
      around his food before he eats it. He would have starved to death in
      the wild because all his prey items would have escaped him.
      > My dad has Green Tree Pythons, Jungle Carpet Pythons, and Blue-
      Tongued Skinks.

      > ~Pam

      Teenager
      > I also had animals under my care, Dogs, Birds, Fish and Reptiles.
      > Most teens are very responsible and the blanket statement she
      made
      > just shows you how the mind of an AR thinks! They want total
      animal
      > liberation and will use any means they see fit to get it. What
      > reptiles do you keep?
      >
      > --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, "durkriswen" <pams@n...>
      wrote:
      > > "When will people learn not to give a dog, or any animal to
      > > teenagers???"
      > >
      > > FYI, *I* am 17, and I have in my care a dog, fish, and several
      > > reptiles. All are quite happy and most would be dead right now
      if
      > > not for me. :)
      > >
      > > ~Pam
      > >
      > > --- In therealpeta@yahoogroups.com, Rita Fazio <r.e.fazio@w...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > When will people learn not to give a dog, or any animal to
      > > teenagers???
      > > >
      > > > Subject: Teen Ties Dog To Sign: Shoots In Snout; Bullet Still
      > > Lodged In Neck!
      > > >
      > > > FOR YOUR INFORMATION!
      > > >
      > > > To read below story, you will have to register on website,
      OR,
      > you
      > > can read the story below!
      > > >
      > > > NORTHLAND teen charged with felony animal abuse Kansas City
      Star

      http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/8288227.htm --
> [...]
      > > was unclear Friday whether any charges had been filed against
      him.
      > > Detective Matt Hunter said Friday that Scarbrough had until 5
      p.m.
      > > to surrender before an arrest warrant would be issued. He had
      not
      > > turned himself in as of 7:30 p.m. Friday.
      > > >
      > > > The case involves a 3-year-old tan and white spaniel mix who
      was
      > > nicknamed Duncan by the veterinary technicians who have cared
      for
      > > him since he was found Monday.
      > > >
      > > > The dog had been tied to a traffic sign near Northeast 164th
      > > Street and Clay County C, about five miles west of Kearney, and
      > shot
      > > in the snout with a semiautomatic rifle. The .22-caliber bullet
      > > fractured and is still lodged in the dog's neck.
      > > >
      > > > A highway department worker found the dog after he saw a
      piece
      > of
      > > bloodied rope around the sign and looked down into a creek bed.
      > > >
      > > > Pam Mitchell of Holt said Friday that the dog was a stray
      that
      > > showed up at her house a few weeks ago. Because she owns five
      dogs
      > > and couldn't keep another, Mitchell said, she decided to let
      two of
      > > her daughter's friends take the dog. Scarbrough was one of the
      > > friends, Mitchell said.
      > > >
      > > > "I was in shock when I found out what happened to that dog,"
      > > Mitchell said. "I just cried. I can't believe someone would
      look at
      > > that playful dog and hurt it like that."
      > > >
      > > > Scarbrough could not be reached Friday for comment.
      > > >
      > > > Since Duncan's story has spread, about $3,600 has been
      donated
      > for
      > > the14-pound dog.
      > > >
      > > > Gina Tanner, a Liberty animal control officer, said any extra
      > > money would go to help other dogs.
      > > >
      > > > "Duncan is on his way to recovery and is even starting to
      show
      > > some flair," she said. "He's doing wonderful, he's breathing
      easier
      > > and we're seeing some of his personality," Veterinary Center of
      > > Liberty technician
      > > > Wendy Caudillo said.
      > > >
      > > > "Tail-wagging has taken the place of sad eyes, and he's
      regained
      > > his appetite. Some dry food fell from another dog's cage while
      > > Duncan was on the floor, and he trotted over and gobbled it
      up,"
      > she
      > > said.
      > > >
      > > > Caudillo said the now-pampered pooch must make a full
      recovery
      > > before he's placed in a new home, which could take about a
      > > week. "Someone donated a greenie chewable toy and he absolutely
      > > loves it," Tanner said.
      > > > "He laid in his little basket and chomped away."

      Service.