Paper prints upsetting disturbing shelter "kill room" photos and gets negative feedback.

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2003
      Please take a moment to email Editor Mike Needs, to thank him for this article, and tell him how important it is for the media to continue to expose the suffering at our shelters. Anything positive, even just a couple of sentences would be great!

      ************Example************

      Re: "You may not like it, but it's still news."

      Dear Mr. Needs,

      I am writing to thank you, for your positive and enlightening response, to reader complaints about a photo of freshly killed dogs in the city shelter's euthanasia room.

      It is good to see a newspaper, that is not afraid of exposing the horror happening behind closed doors at local shelters, and an editor that is willing to to put the truth before the public eye, even if some people would rather stay oblivious.

      My sincerest thank you, for a job well done. Please keep up the good work!

      Regards,

      Your name

      Even just a "Thank you for exposing the suffering of animals at county shelters," would be good!

      We need to give these people reason to continue to expose these atrocities! If they receive only negative feedback, they will think twice about doing it again. Please take a few moments to send off your email, thanking them for their efforts to help shelter animals. Thanks!

      Rita