New Here...How I want to help...

  • Leo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2003
      Hi, I am Leonila, you can call me Leo or Nila. Up to you. All my life
      I have loved animals. Recently it has been brought to my attention
      that many pet stores are supplied by puppy mills. This sickens me.
      The one store in question during the protest was Petland. I have
      since decided to ban all pet stores, only supporting no-kill animal
      shelters and respectable breeders. What really bothers me though is
      that there are alot of puppy mills in the area I live, Missouri. I
      want to know what I can do to stop puppy mills. I want to personally
      investigate them and shut them down but I know I can't do it alone.
      Are there any places I could join to help? Thanks!
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2003
        Hi, Leo. Welcome to the group. What part of Missouri do you live in?
        I live in Missouri, too.

        I am interested in shutting down puppy mills also. If you get
        involved and ever need a vet to help, let me know.

        Here are the Web sites of some organizations you might want to check
        out. They could probably give you some advice on how to shut down
        puppy mills in your area:

        www.nopuppymills.com
        www.puppymills.com

        Good luck, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

        Rain