URGENT:Letters to Disney's CEO needed now!! Sample letter included

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2003
      Maoming government officials will send out squads
      to put down thousands of dogs on September 1 with an excuse to control rabies. About 60,000 dogs have been already put to death in Guangdong in recent days with a similar excuse, despite the anger and protest of pet lovers and animal experts.

      Michael Eisner, Chairman & CEO of the Disney corporation, has started the building of a Disneyland in Hong Kong. Below is sample letter, asking Mr. Eisner to use his influence with the Chinese gov. to try to get them to call off the slaughter of dogs on Sept. 1st.

      Michael Eisner doesn't have a publicly accessable email address, and it's too late to send a letter by postal mail, so you can fax it, and/or send it to the email addresses provided. The email adresses are for the Disney corporation, so our emails will probably be sent to him. You can also call him.

      a.. Michael D. Eisner
      Chairman and CEO,
      The Walt Disney Company
      500 South Buena Vista Street
      Burbank, CA 91521
      (818) 560-1000 - Main
      (818) 560-1930 - Fax
      b..
      c.. ask.HKDL @ disney.com (remove spaces)
      Email to every Disney Department/Division. You can do this by going to the web page
      http://disney.go.com/mail/disney/index.html

      Please CC, fax, and or call;
      a.. Roy E. Disney
      Director, Chairman of the Board
      President, Disney Feature Animation
      The Walt Disney Company
      500 South Buena Vista Street
      Burbank, CA 91521
      (818) 560-1000 - Main
      (818) 560-1930 - Fax
      Robert Iger, President & CEO

      Walt Disney Co.

      500 Buena Vista Street
      Burbank, CA 91521

      Fax: 818-560-5960

      robert.iger @ abc.com (remove spaces)

      ========================

      ******SAMPLE LETTER*******

      Michael Eisner Chairman & CEO
      Walt Disney Company
      500 S. Buena Vista St.
      Burbank, CA 91521-1010

      Re: Disneyland Hong Kong/China

      Dear Mr. Eisner,

      I have chosen to send the following letter, because it accurately expresses my feeling on this issue.

      I was very surprised and shocked, when I learned of your plans to build a Disneyland in Hong Kong, China. The world has come to see Disney as the icon for all that is good, compassionate, and caring. Disney has always represented the very best of life; good, decent family values, understanding and compassion for all living beings, the innocence and joy of childhood.

      Mr. Eisner, there is no joy, or compassion in China, for the animals. China is a country that is exceptionally cruel and inhumane, in their treatment of animals. Dogs in China suffer unspeakable terror and pain, before being slaughtered for their fur and flesh. Stuffed into sacks for transport, left in the cold without food or water, then cruelly killed. Even the youngest - puppies - are not spared.

      I have included a couple links, which tell the story of a country, where inhumanity and cruelty is an every day, normal occurrence.

      http://www.aapn.org/guilindogphot.html

      http://www.aapn.org/xichang.html

      On September first, the Maoming government officials will send out squads, to kill thousands of dogs. Their reason for this mass slaughter is to control rabies. Senior public officials in Henan province have apparently ordered all persons with pet dogs, to surrender their dogs to be killed, regardless of whether or not the dogs have been vaccinated against rabies. This order does not apply to the huge numbers of unvaccinated dogs, who are kept in unnaturally close proximity to each other, at facilities which breed and sell dogs for human consumption. About 60,000 dogs have already been put to death in Guangdong in recent days, with a similar excuse, despite the anger and protest of pet lovers and animal experts.

      I am respectfully asking, that you consider intervening for the welfare of the dogs, and the people who love and care for them. Mr. Eisner, you are a very well known, respected man in the business world, and as someone who is doing business with the Chinese government, you may be able to get the government officials to call off the mass slaughter of dogs on September first. Please help these animals and people who are being made to surrender their pets to be slaughtered, and show the world, the 'Magic" of Disney's CEO.

      I look forward to your reply.

      Sincerely,