email address to send letters:(NY) Middletown Dog emaciated and frozen to death in dog house

  • Rita Fazio
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      From: Marijo Gillis Dear Friends: In memory of and justice for the hideous death of this innocent dog, and for one of us, Molly, please bombard the heck out of these Middletown, New York officials. Thank you. Marijo Gills ----- Original Message -----From: molly <mgh@...>(citilink.net) Letters are urgently and desperately needed. {If you would like me to fax letters for you regarding this issue, just email your letters to me and I will fax them for you. }
      Please, Please, I'm begging everyone to send letters re: this case of extreme cruelty. I've only heard from two organizations. Thank you so very, very much. Molly
      In February a Middletown, NY man, Darin Brown was ticketed for animal cruelty charges when his dog who was emaciated and frozen to death had to be cut from his doghouse before he could be cremated. I have been present at the court hearings. The first appointed Judge claimed that he knew Darin Brown personally and because of what a fine upstanding citizen Darin Brown was, he could not sit for this case. Another judge was appointed. Darrin Brown has so far, been to court three times and the District Attorney's office is only looking at a misdemeanor charge and each time charging gets postponed. His next court appearance is May 7th at 9:00AM. The defendant, Brown has a lawyer by the name of Greenwald who is a big name in Middletown. During one court date, Greenwald asked the Judge if he and his client could approach the bench. They were allowed to do so and whispered for quite some time. I believe Greenwald was trying to get the charges dismissed but I did hear the Judge say that he couldn't because someone was in the room (meaning me) and that it had gotten publicity. (meaning the animal rights groups).
      We cannot let this man get away with this horrible neglect and cruelty! Please write to the following officials and
      demand that he be given the maximum of a year in jail and a fine of $1000.00. Also demand that he undergo psychological testing and that he be prohibited from future contact with animals.

      Please, I beg you to telephone, to write and or fax letters to:

      Judge Michael Schwartz
      2 James St.
      Middletown, N.Y. 10940
      Ph: 845-346-4051
      Fax: 845-343-5737

      D.A. John Polinsky
      2 James St.
      Middletown, N.Y. 10940
      Ph: 845-346-4051
      Fax: 845-343-5737
      Orange County District Attorney
      255 Main St.
      Goshen, N.Y. 10924
      Ph: 845-291-2050
      Fax: 845-291-2085
      Richard Ruggeri,
      Chief Assistant District Attorney
      255 Main St.
      Goshen, N.Y. 10924
      Ph: 845-291-2050
      Fax: 845-291-2125

      Thanks so much!
      Molly

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Rita Fazio,
      Media Liaison, Sirius Global Animal Org. Charitable Trust. http://sirius.2kat.net Don't turn your back upon their pain Because it's hard to see.They have no other place to turn, They've only you and me.