matches vs. lighters

  • Maelaeska
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 26, 2000
      i think most true pyro freaks will agree with me
      that matches just rule. for your quick lighting needs
      like wicks to fireworks etc a lighter is suitable. but
      for pure enjoyment nothing beats the smell feel and
      overall light of a good old fashioned match.
    • wolves_of_chaos
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 29, 2000
        I don't know I'm inclined to disagree, there's
        something about the feeling of ultimate power I get from a
        lighter, plus they're far more convientent and an awesome
        looking lighter can also sate my artistic side.
      • foreshay_444
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 5, 2000
          if you like fire, you have to see the fire on my home page, it's a bad ass page. check it out: <a href=http://www.geocities.com/Foreshay_444/homepage.html target=new>http://www.geocities.com/Foreshay_444/homepage.html</a>
        • foreshay_444
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 10, 2000
            can anyone teach me some cool shit. like a cool
            way to burn something. does anyone have a unique way
            of burning shit. if you do, share it with everyone.
            My way of burning things is to mix a bunch of
            chemicals togeather, get a bunch of paper, text books, and
            cloths, put them all in a locker, and have a huge fire.
          • pinksparkfireworks
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 9 6:51 PM
              Hello all,Pyro clubs are totally cool!I am also
              here to advertise my fanclub for fireworks,it
              will<br>hopefully be an active one.I am hoping on occasion<br>to
              get pics from pages and websites to add to my
              the best ones,I have some links and a bunch of
              pics,feel free to join and check it
              out.<br><a href=http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/pinksparksfireworksfantasy target=new>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/pinksparksfireworksfantasy</a> PS.I saw someone in here use a dirty word.FYI,bad
              language is not allowed,not even vulgar words are
              allowed,just so you know,thanks,<br>and enjoy my fireworks
              paradise!PSFW!!!
            • mista_grim_da_pyro
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 17, 2001
                hey guys im looking for the recipe for magnessium nitrate i was hoping some on could help me out if you have any info it would be great thanks<br><br>Grim
              • pyro4117
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 17, 2002
                  well, for professional fireworks displays, when hand lighting, we use road flares...much better than a match or a lighter...you haven't lived till you light a 6" shell with a flare...<br><br>:-)
                • pyro4117
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 17, 2002
                    I posted a couple of pictures showing lighting the fuse on a 2" shell with a road flare, plus the shell firing...<br><br>I don't think I could go back to matches....
                  • cheebychabba
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 21, 2002
                      --- In thepyrosplayground@y..., mista_grim_da_pyro wrote:
                      > hey guys im looking for the recipe for magnessium nitrate i was
                      hoping some on could help me out if you have any info it would be
                      great thanks<br><br>Grim

                      if you go to totse.com they have all sorts of shit like that and it
                      all has worked so far for me.